Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black people in prison/death row
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2005 07:41 AM by Reno.)
RE: Black people in prison/death row
I never claimed the news was behind people being in jail Wink
I\'m just saying that most of it is blown out of porportion, the black-to-white ratios at least.

Also, iso, i have to disagree, just because black people tend to have the shorter end of the stick doesnt instantly imply slavery. Alot of it is that you tend to have black people living in high crime areas(black crime or not, it\'s still crime) which only enhances the image that black people are no good theives, and makes it harder for them to get jobs and the like.

I also understand that they simply cant just up and move to a better place because of money issues, but the fact of the matter is, the ignorant, poorly educated, and criminally based part of black culture is the minority. By quite a shot. It\'s just that things that are bad tend to get more attention than things that are good. We dont hear about good stuff the US does *nearly* as often as how \"this is how the US screwed up today....\" just to give an image Wink

It\'s blatantly obvious that there\'s still a problem with some areas where black people ahve it bad. But it\'s never solely black people.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black people in prison/death row - Reno - 11-02-2005 07:40 AM