Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black people in prison/death row
11-01-2005, 10:34 AM
RE: Black people in prison/death row
well... lets see.

there are probly a couple reasons for such an overrepresentation. i havent seen any stats, so im just gonna ramble a little bit.

firstly, who proved the overrepresentation and which prisons were surveyed? also, what crimes were most popular among the prison and race? the answers to those q\'s might illuminate the situation a little bit.

i know a helluva lot of dudes are imprisoned for narcotic offenses or some kind.(this probly shouldnt be here - but if you legalize, tax and regulate narcotics, more than half of the convicts would be set free. but that argument probly belongs in the good vs evil argument) how many of which race? depends on the region. i doubt you\'ll find many afro-americans in spamtown, usa; however if you cruise by washington, DC your results will differ.

but, if there is a genuine dichotomy(i like that word even if i do use it wrong) then there are most likely social reasons for it...

but i gotta run!:wall: i only have five minutes to meet a friend. tschau!:eek::tup::roll:Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black people in prison/death row - dr.moe - 11-01-2005 10:34 AM