Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Suggestions
10-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Forum Suggestions
Same thing as with the Site Suggestions thread. Post your suggestions here and I\'ll try to organize them once the frenzy at work is over.

Wheter or not the suggestions will be implemented is at the discretion of Jonathan.

Suggestions :
- Have a \"Print\" option for threads. That would be neat and would allow me to read the forums as I dive into the smoking room here at work Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2005, 12:39 AM
RE: Forum Suggestions
- When pressing the \'view new posts\' button it doesn\'t show the \'last page\' button when there are more then 4/5 or so pages in a thread.
Find all posts by this user
10-21-2005, 01:05 AM
RE: RE: Forum Suggestions
joeb Wrote:- When pressing the \'view new posts\' button it doesn\'t show the \'last page\' button when there are more then 4/5 or so pages in a thread.

Agreed. I think this is the first thing that should be changed. It really bothers me. Other than that i dont know.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2005, 06:03 AM
I was thinking you could make the news section locked for replies. That way people can clearly distinguish what is news, and what is opinion. Now it\'s all in one big heap. Discussions have a forum for themselves already anyway.

(I posted this in the \"Site suggestions\" thread, while it belonged here... Deleted the original post Wink)

I had something else, but I forgot it...
10-22-2005, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2005 06:33 AM by isoFlux.)
I havn\'t looked at the source, but it seems the CSS is a bit buggy when the browser window gets to be on the small side:

[Image: forum.png]

And to counter a possible argument before it\'s made: No, I won\'t install Opera. Yes, it should look the same in all browsers. Yes, it should conform to W3 CSS standards if it doesn\'t already.

Note: the page validates for both XHTML Transitional and CSS, so its unlikely its non-standard CSS/XHTML. In any case, its a annoying bug when browser windows are small.