Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-20-2005, 03:25 AM
RE: Fighting Evil
No Joe, you have to remember that Force is the ultimate power in all of the universe.

The UN was founded on Force. All the countries willing to use their Force to end the evil in the world.

It failed when it never did.

Force is an action reaction type of thing. You punch me, I\'m going to punch you 10x harder. Are you going to even try to punch me?

No. You know that anytime you punch me I\'ll reciprocate 10x the damage you did. It might take you another punch to figure it out. But you would figure it out right off the bat.

You need to make Evil people fear the consequences of their action so much that no one will do Evil Things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2005, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2005 03:36 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:However, the most effective way to deal with things is pure brute force. If a Terrorist lights off a nuke in 1 european city, you light off 1 in 10 middle eastern cities.

It\'s just like the movie Swordfish. You make the thought of terrorism and committing acts of terrorism so awful that no one would think to do it.

It\'s nice to see you have a nice firm grasp of reality! Diffucult global problems solved based on having seen the movie Swordfish. :roll: You really arent the sharpest pencil when it comes to political and human relations. Look at a map, open a book, watch other news than just that Fox News dribble.

Talking about nuking middle eastern cities as if middle eastern nations themselves were terrorist-led, is ignorance beyond excuse. Why don\'t you just nuke the north pole? Drown them suckers!

*Edit*

Force? This isn\'t fnecking Star Wars! You sound like a cross between Obi Wan and a travelling preacher man. Strewth. Hard to take serious, you.
10-20-2005, 03:42 AM
By the way, when I say Force, you can interchange it with Violence.

You just assume I know nothing about politics and the global climate. How do you know I haven\'t formed these opinions because of the current situation?
10-20-2005, 04:42 AM
See what you\'ve started, evil LT? Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Absolute or objectve evil doesn\'t exist.

\"Good\" and \"evil\" only exist within the context of a value system. Once you have a well-defined, established value system, you can make judgements; comparing actions and motives to that value system. But that is all it is: congruancy or conformity to a value system.

Human beings usually term it as \"right\" and \"wrong\", or \"good\" and \"evil\", but in reality they only equate to \"X agrees with Y values\" or \"X disagrees with Y values\". Different value systems, and even different interpretations of one value system, will exhibit different judgements on different actions and motives.

As an individual, and as a culture or group, we then use these judgements to \"justify\" actions. All that means is persuading other people to agree that a certain action is congruent with an agreed-upon value system.

Outside of value systems, all actions just are. They aren\'t \"right\" or \"wrong\", \"good\" or \"evil\". And, of course, value systems can only be labeled with the introduction of yet another value system, leading to recursive value systems.
10-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Damnet, gave out to much reputation today, let me just say Turbo, I was laughing out loud when I read the star wars comment Tongue
10-20-2005, 05:46 AM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:No Joe, you have to remember that Force is the ultimate power in all of the universe.

The UN was founded on Force. All the countries willing to use their Force to end the evil in the world.

It failed when it never did.

Force is an action reaction type of thing. You punch me, I\'m going to punch you 10x harder. Are you going to even try to punch me?

No. You know that anytime you punch me I\'ll reciprocate 10x the damage you did. It might take you another punch to figure it out. But you would figure it out right off the bat.

You need to make Evil people fear the consequences of their action so much that no one will do Evil Things.

do you have any democratic ideas?
no? just wondering...

oh, and by the way, love is actuarly the greatest power of all.

as a child, did your parents get you to respect them by hugging you? or did they just beat you till you shut up and became scared of them?
10-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Actually, a little bit of Both. I knew if I fucked up I would get punished.

And that\'s a problem with today\'s world. No one gets punished for anything.
10-20-2005, 06:10 AM
or they don\'t do stuff cos they know they will get punished.

but to really make people not want to do the evil stuff, that takes love.
10-20-2005, 06:40 AM
it has been proven numerous times that postive reenforcement works faster and the subjects retain training longer than negative reenforcement. they did a bunch of stuff with pigeons and monkeys and then theres pavlov\'s dog drooling at the sound of a bell.

animals and people, apparently, prefer to perform actions for rewards. would you rather fight for your country? or because your country will kill you if you dont fight?

now if some dude values the reward more than the evil action, then positive reenforcement is the ideal way to go. but if you find a dude that rapes people because its more fun/easier than finding a girlfriend and nursing a relationship - positive reenforcement works in the opposite direction, there.