Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-19-2005, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2005 10:27 PM by LivingTarget.)
Exclamation Fighting Evil
Well what will it be?

Perhaps litter bin this one, but I put it in political debates just in case.

Feel free to elaborate on this politically.

EDIT:
Let\'s take world war 2, arguably the japanese people could\'ve been labelled evil and thus invite evil: atomic bomb. This poll can potentially cover a lot of subjects. I thought it would make a good discussion at the least.

That\'s just one of many examples. I\'m sure i\'ll be contributing later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
RE: Fighting Evil
I think you\'re confusing the word Force meaning it\'s evil.

I don\'t think it\'s evil to hit back harder. As long as you\'re not indiscrimanetly hitting back.
10-19-2005, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2005 10:26 PM by LivingTarget.)
True it\'s just symbolic really. It just means fighting on the same terms. If your opponent is fighting dirty (see: suicide bombers) are you allowed to fight dirty too? I must admit I should\'ve given a better example. Smile

Examples in the world are quite difficult to name now that I think of it.

Let\'s take world war 2, arguably the japanese people could\'ve been labelled evil and thus invite evil: atomic bomb. This poll can potentially cover a lot of subjects. I thought it would make a good discussion at the least.

I\'ll put this one in the original post.
10-19-2005, 10:21 PM
being a pansey, i fights teh n00b with my l337 goodn3ss!!!111

although, being evil can be fun Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Sorry, too manichean for me Confused
(LT, since when are you American? Tongue)
10-19-2005, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2005 10:59 PM by LivingTarget.)
hehe, since when am I american? After all I am human first and then dutch. :nag:

The poll is just a little bit of fun. It\'s never as black and white like that, but that\'s what the discussion is about. If you think evil needs to be put out with evil and you have a bit of brains then what do you classify as evil? Surely us humans can\'t make that decision on our own.

I believe you pretty much nailed the discussion on the head, you could go so many ways from a single discussion between good and evil.
Religion, Politics and back to real life.

You see by making a good vs evil thread you could come back to all the topics in this political section. Take the thread \"Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?\", is pretty much expressed into a good vs evil point. However it\'s never that easy to say what is evil and what not.

Take another topic:
Country X (USA if you will) invades Country Y (Iraq if you will), which it believes is good for Country Y. Is that evil or good? Of course everyone\'s opinion varies and that is typical.

I was just really interested in what people would say here. Maybe it\'s too deep thinking for an online forum.

Btw: had to look up \"Manichaeism\" for that reply Smile
10-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Too biblical for me. I would fight evil with education, economic aid and a foolproof global ethics system that hasn\'t been invented yet; a new economic world order were the WTO sheds its role as a veritable Sheriff of Nottingham spilling the natural riches of the third world countries into the bank accounts of the worlds biggest corporations (ranty-rant-rant, and so on).

And I\'d be shaking my fist a lot at imaginary foes, of course! Tongue
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
It all depends on the situation. Sometimes one is better than the other and vice versa.
10-19-2005, 11:06 PM
I pretty much agree with Turbsieboy
10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
shift Wrote:Sorry, too manichean for me Confused
(LT, since when are you American? Tongue)

I know you meant that as a joke, but i\'ll take you up on the comments. Feel free to prove me wrong.

You accuse this thread of being too manichean and associate americans with being manichean.

Now isn\'t that being manichean yourself?

Manichean:
People who look very black and white, making clear distinction between good and evil (Let\'s hope my dictionary definition doesnt let me go on this one).

:rofl: