Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-31-2005, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2005 05:53 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: Fighting Evil
What kind of book is it that you two (Boom + Pun) have read, all this pompous talk about nature \"being the biggest force\". Nietzsche or some such thing? Never mix heavy philosophy concerning good and evil (and beyond) with world politics. It always get ugly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2005, 09:35 PM
RE: RE: RE: Fighting Evil
Sgt. Boomer Wrote:Saddam Hussein had few problems with insurgents and rebels when he was in power, and I’m sure the U.S. could pacify Iraq if they simply adopted some of his old tactics.

They did, they failed...
10-31-2005, 11:38 PM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Fighting Evil
joeb Wrote:
Sgt. Boomer Wrote:Saddam Hussein had few problems with insurgents and rebels when he was in power, and I’m sure the U.S. could pacify Iraq if they simply adopted some of his old tactics.

They did, they failed...
Unless he meant gassing thousands of sunni\'s, right? :con:
11-01-2005, 12:17 AM
I was aiming at the \'napalm incidents\' and \'torture incident\'s\'...
11-01-2005, 12:32 AM
The big problem with the \"eye for an eye\" argument/philosophy is that in practice it is often unjust, racist (a quick glance at U.S. Death Row statistics will tell you that) and inreverssible. Therefore most modern democracies have moved on from such thoughts – decades, even centuries ago. With a few notable, and one major, exeption.
11-01-2005, 02:24 AM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
joeb Wrote:I was aiming at the \'napalm incidents\' and \'torture incident\'s\'...
My post was more in reply to Boomer\'s, not yours Smile I was trying to point out that he seemed to think it a good idea that the Americans mass-murder the Saddam-minded Iraqis.

Wasn\'t this thread dead? Tongue
11-01-2005, 03:53 AM
TJ, why do you assume that the system is inherently racist if more african americans are executed then non african americans?
11-01-2005, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2005 04:33 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
I don\'t assume. I\'ve read studies, articles, books. I\'ve been an outspoken advocate against the death penalty since my teens.

Because it is random, racist, gruesome, innefficient and irrevesible.

And if you are implying that african americans are more prone to death sentence crime than other races, I am personally taking a flight over to your campus to beat the living shit out of you.

Or at least a hefty spanking. :spank:
11-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Hey, if you need to make threats to win your argument, then by all means.

Are you actually saying that even though African Americans have a fraction of the population of Caucasians, the only reason they have equal number of people in prison is because they are black?
11-01-2005, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2005 05:36 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:Hey, if you need to make threats to win your argument, then by all means.

Threats? Are you serious? You can sleep tight, i havent got the money for the air fare. Allthough somone should really beat some sense into you before you become set in your mold. Shit, even i woulda benefited from that when i was 18 and angry and hating the whole world (im not saying that you are like that.)

The_Punisher Wrote:Are you actually saying that even though African Americans have a fraction of the population of Caucasians, the only reason they have equal number of people in prison is because they are black?

In essence, yes. Its due to the whole system, of course. But I\'m more interested in what you think. Why are african americans overrepresented in american jails?