Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-22-2005, 08:27 AM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
Jonathan Wrote:Let\'s quit the courtesy, Punisher the things you\'re saying are simply retarded, period.

:wall:that is kinda tactless isnt it?

i mean, atleast pun backs up his position with logic and reasoning. atleast he maps us through his thought process as to why he is right. sure, i dont agree with a lot of what he has to say, but he supports his position well enough.

:wall:wheres yours?

most retarded dudes i know of can barely write at a 5th grade level, much less type on a keyboard and pursue logical trains of thought.

:wall:wheres your support?

do u know any experts in \"special needs\" education or who\'s spent an extensive amount of time around such intellectually inhibited people who could vouch for your declaration of pun\'s posts?
:?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2005, 08:46 AM
RE: Fighting Evil
Okay I\'ll take a shot at this mess.

So Pun. You say you\'d retaliate with 10 nukes if someone threw 1 nuke on you, right? Because you think that\'ll make him think twice the second time around, right? Okay, get this: who says they didn\'t throw a nuke on you to retaliate something they figured you did wrong unto them, to make sure you would think a second time before bothering them again? From where you\'re coming from, both are just as fair, only the roles are switched.

You\'re not the judge of good and evil. No one is.

The_Punisher Wrote:No Joe, you have to remember that Force is the ultimate power in all of the universe.

The_Punisher Wrote:Nature is the most destructive force in the world.
Don\'t know why, but that struck me as... Confusing? No, that\'s not quite the word I\'m looking... Hell, you tell me!
10-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Wow. Amazing how you still haven\'t tried to dignify yourself with a well-written reply. Simply amazing. But take your time, I can wait. I\'m sure it\'ll be worth it.
10-28-2005, 01:29 AM
There are different kinds of force evert. Nature had the biggest power of all forces.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2005, 03:27 AM
It\'s not any better for him if you answer in his place, you know Tongue
10-28-2005, 03:45 AM
You\'re going to have to wait longer for my reply. I\'m busy doing things in the real world.
10-28-2005, 03:55 AM
*gets it over with and inserts remark about him having enough time saying he has no time*

may aswell save time instead of waiting for someone else to make some stupid comment about it... :roll:

anyway, ditto on what evert said, were so caught up in whos good whos evil, we forget that the people we see as evil probably say the same things about us.. we may retaliate to them, but in their mind theyre retaliating to us
10-28-2005, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2005 06:17 AM by shift.)
That brings us to the conclusion of all this.

There\'s no good people nor evil people. Just stupid people.

Hey, wanted manicheism? Tongue

*edit*
BTW, I wasn\'t pointing to anyone specifically. Or, said differently: I was pointing to everyone :whocares:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
So LT, you got a philosophical paper to deliver dicussing good and evil, and you thought, \"hey, why don\'t I get the ttr crowd to do the work for me?\"

Busted. Problem is, you should\'ve ask us to discuss in abstract terms. This will be useless to ya!
10-31-2005, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2005 04:27 PM by Sgt. Boomer.)
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:Force always solves the problem, but it might not be the best solution.

Actually, he’s perfectly correct.

Lincoln said that the ballot is stronger than the bullet – but he wasn’t voted out of office was he?

Nazi Germany may not have been able to completely eradicate crime, but they certainly had no problem with repeat offenders; and their overall crime rate was lower than ours today. And given enough time and troops they would have wiped out all partisan activity. In the end most people acquiesce to force, and with sufficient force, those who don’t are quickly killed.

Israel could very easily settle their problems with the Palestinians if they really did behave like Nazis (as so many brain dead critics have falsely accused them of doing). Simply put, dead enemies can’t attack you.

Enforced order breaks down when there is too little force. The USSR was a stable (horrific, but stable) empire until Gorbachev\'s glasnost. It was the first relaxing of force that started the breakup of European Communism. When the Chinese tested their government’s resolve, the brutal beating they took in Tiananmen Square put an abrupt end to democratization there.

Saddam Hussein had few problems with insurgents and rebels when he was in power, and I’m sure the U.S. could pacify Iraq if they simply adopted some of his old tactics. But therein lies the dilemma for any nation or people that believes in goodness: unrestrained force may be the most expedient solution to the problem, but is prohibited by conscience.

Thus the Western democracies find themselves playing by the unenviable rules of not hitting first, only hitting as hard (or less) as they absolutely have to, and only hitting where they absolutely have to. And generally allowing themselves to be a target for everyone who doesn’t play by their rules.

Fortunately, man doesn’t wield the greatest force in the Universe. Nature’s power dwarfs our own. Ideas have proven to be more durable than weapons.

And Goodness has shown an astonishing ability to triumph over all sorts of nastiness throughout history. Coincidence? Maybe --- but I doubt it.

Value systems X,Y, and Z have always found themselves trumped in time by value system A.

And it doesn’t matter if “they” blame us. Criminals generally blame their victims... or the police, or society. There is no moral equivalence between the Nazi’s and the Japanese starting a war of conquest and enslavement, and the West using what force was necessary to end it. Nor between the U.S. deposing the Taliban, and Iran wanting to “wipe Israel off the map.”

=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:In fact, I think big bombs only scare other politicians.

I think you just summed up why the atomic bombs (against Japan) were necessary, not evil.

And Jonathan--- what Moe said.