Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-21-2005, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2005 07:31 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: Fighting Evil
Fneck, I\'m not quite done yet. It\'s this whole business of evil vs good that\'s bothering me. Wrong premise! Evil may be easy to identify in hindsight, but here and now; who to use \"force\" on?

How do you identify and crush evil, in say, albanian kosovo? When the NATO Force went in and ousted the serbs in 1999 (an operation I supported whole-heartedly, let it be said) it was in essence because the serbs were busy ethnicly cleansing the whole region. Since the war ended, the albanians have been doing the same to the serbs, with lots of less killing of course, since KFOR is overseeing it, but serbs are being chased outta town, their houses being burnt. They gotta a nice sorta Ulster ambience going over there; barbwire; murders and military personell following kids to school.

Now, how do you solve that kind of evil with brute force? You can\'t. You can\'t force two ethnic communities to love one another.

Force might be the best solution, but it seldom solves anything, to paraphrase Jognt.

As George and his cronies are experiencing down in in Iraq.

While you\'re at it, take a crack at the Israel/palestinian conflict. Solve that little doozy with military might!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2005, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2005 08:53 AM by The_Punisher.)
Quote:Force might be the best solution, but it seldom solves anything

You got it backwards. Force always solves the problem, but it might not be the best solution.

Like a friend of mine used to say. A lot of people hailed the coming of laser guided weaponry. It would cut down on collateral damage and only hurt those it meant it hurt.

He said that this was a bad thing. How dangerous is it to work with an \"Evil\" person these days. Not very. We have weapons that can fly in a window and explode right next to the target\'s ear.

But that\'s not power, nor is it intimidating.

Intimidation is dropping a 4k pound bomb right on the \"Evil\" guy\'s headquarters. It sends out a broad statement that we are ready to level a city block just to kill this **ONE** person.

How many people would work for questionable people after this?
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2005 04:58 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
The_Punisher Wrote:How many people would work for questionable people after this?

I don\'t think suicide bombers are especially afraid of being bombed (no pun intended).

In fact, I think big bombs only scare other politicians. If you\'ve spent all your life in a refugee camp under siege (like for example the palestinians, who have been country-less since 1948 ) what\'s another blast?

And if you are young, fired up and fuelled with fanatical religious fervor, what\'s a handful of lifes in the big picture?

Do you see the insurgents in Iraq trembling? No, in fact they are blowing themselves up by the minute. Good luck on intimidating them.
10-21-2005, 08:10 PM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:Intimidation is dropping a 4k pound bomb right on the "Evil" guy\'s headquarters. It sends out a broad statement that we are ready to level a city block just to kill this **ONE** person.

ok, now turn it around, what if they were invading the US and there was someone like a general in your town, and they level the entire block just to kill that general.. Would it stop you from fighting them?
I believe it would cause the contrary, everyone would revolt instead of being \'intimidated\'.

And guess what we\'re seeing in Iraq...
10-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Quote:like for example the palestinians, who have been country-less since 1948

Just so you know, the palestinians have been countryless since forever. They never had a country.
10-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Let\'s quit the courtesy, Punisher the things you\'re saying are simply retarded, period.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2005, 03:01 AM
i dont usualy get envolved too much in the political discussions but..

:woot::lol:

and on a more on topic note:

number of terrorist factions within iraq before invasion: a few, if any

number of factions after invasion: lots

cost of invading a country that you dont like: $202 billion

getting yourself totaly screwed in the process: priceless

some dude comes up to you and sais \'america is evil, lets kill some of their people\' you go \'yea, whatever\'
your neighbourhood gets flattened by bombs, guy comes again and sais \'see!\' you go \'damnit\'

i know if my country got invaded, if i was being led by some dictator guy id be happy to see him go...but when they stick around and i see people i know geting killed cause theyre still around, id get pretty pissed..

and thus ends jackeh\'s contribution to this thread
10-22-2005, 06:44 AM
dude, check it out:

the problem we seem to be having with the terrorist sects is that theyre all scattered in little groups. they are fighting for an idea(america fought for freedom and representation and smuggling stuff or something) and are willing to die for that cause. pretty damn admirable.

i dont think there is a way to squash that. the romans tried it to some dude named jesus - look what happened. is his cause gone? is it dead? who worships Jupiter now? though apparently Punisher thinks rather highly of Mars...

terrorism is a battle that cannot be won by force. for each terrorist you take off the field you supply their fervor with one more martyr to avenge.

its like fighting fire with fire - probably the stupidest thing some one can do (you get a bigger fire). but if you try water, or dirt or depriving the flame of oxygen in some other fashion... who knows.

now, if you fight the extremists by killing them, that solves nothing(they werent expecting to live long enough to see their dreams realized anyway.). however, if you take an extremist, shake his hand and say \"now where do you want your place of worship?\" youve GIVEN them what they\'re fighting for. that\'d be pretty awesome.

but as for the crazy sons of bitches that only want to kill the dudes to the west, i got nothing on that.

and back to evil - perpetual, unending war could be considered evil. how could you fight that? mebbe by surrendering.
10-22-2005, 07:55 AM
The_Punisher Wrote:*insert all posts here*

[Image: reality.jpg]
10-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Was that really needed?