Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-20-2005, 12:25 PM
RE: Fighting Evil
And then everyone can have puppies, flower pedal kisses, and go to bed on good dreams and hopes!

Grow up. The amazing part is not me saying something different then you guys. The amazing part is a bunch of grown men saying that there are no consequences nor should people be punished for their actions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:And then everyone can have puppies, flower pedal kisses, and go to bed on good dreams and hopes!

Grow up. The amazing part is not me saying something different then you guys. The amazing part is a bunch of grown men saying that there are no consequences nor should people be punished for their actions.

good job you don\'t have more power that just being a mod! if you were a president the country would soon be at war :o

who likes war?

some companies get rich of war... and... a couple of pychopaths ans patriotic nationalists....

but, i still say :wtf: dude?!?!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2005, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2005 08:32 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
Of course people should be punished for criminal actions, no one says different. But you seem to think that every islamic nation by defenition is \"terrorist\" and \"evil\" and should be \"punished\". Thats why I assume you dont know dick.

*Edit*
Add to that the inherent view that comes trought everything you say: America is good, everbody else is from grayscale to evil and need to to what we tell\'em. A very inflated, uenlightened and unhealthy world-view, imo.

I\'d expect a higher level of retoric from someone who goes to university. This is kindergarden stuff.
10-20-2005, 10:06 PM
I never said that the Terrorists were the Islamic States.

I just checked too. I never said that America was the end all be all of nations on this planet.

You just assumed that all those things I said were about America and Terroristic Islamic States. It actually says a lot about you and what you think.
10-20-2005, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2005 10:34 PM by LivingTarget.)
Most world powers aren\'t interested in anything but two things. Money and staying in power.

In a political climate today (of course this is just my interpretation) you can\'t admit failures unless the media or public forces you into it. Let\'s face it admit failure in any of your decisions and you commit political suicide.

Money, while difficult to say that everyone wants it badly. Look at each country in the world trying to keep their currency in good shape. Import/Export is all regulated by fear of losing money even if that would equate to better services to your people.

So ultimately money is in a stronger favour then people in some regards.

Now take the question of using brute force to take over a country full of extremists. Pun says \"Nuke it baby, if they (assume terrorists) light one in our cities.\" 1 lunatic responsible for a demise of some middle eastern cities? Surely that\'s outrageous. It sounds a lot like the cold war rules applied to modern conflict.

Modern conflict consists of people who\'ve lost everything being brainwashed (willingly or not) into suicide bombers for the sake of it. Does a suicide bomber care where he inflicts damage? His homeland? No problemo. The IRA does bombings in their home country? Iraqi resistance blow up bombs in Iraq. Not a problem.

If city X in western society gets nuked by terrorist (not a specific country), then surely chaos would ensue. Now here\'s your problem most of these terrorists might be spread all over the world. Declare the middle east as evil and nuke it? Whoa, where do YOU think a lot of precious oil will come from. By the time the first nuke hits an islamic city the world is already doomed. Welcome to world war 3 and this time not dominated by old fashioned war, but also by religion. Remember tactically world war 1 and 2 were not really fighting against a certain religion. So there if you were to enforce those ideas Pun would you have to \'cleanse\' your cities of innocent people for the sake of enforcing those ideas you fear?

Everyone will be paranoid as heck and a many of people will die innocently. If there is still a world afterwards then it won\'t be as good as we have it now.

Still let\'s take it we don\'t nuke a middle eastern city, their governments can have extreme pressures applied to. They can be forced to hunt down the people responsible. A small amount of western people might blow themselves up in islamic cities.

Oh well I believe this picture i\'m painting isn\'t going to be very nice, I would definitly not nuke middle eastern cities. Instead of a small amount that don\'t like you you would have half a content happy to turn you into roasted kebabs (Forgive me for the joke there). Now you have deemed a whole religion as evil and ignited the wasp nest.

Trust me if the world is the same in 50 years time then i\'d be awefully happy. Happy as in I can feed myself, spent some time with family and all. It doesn\'t take a lot to disturb our lives.

Don\'t do anything stupid world governments around to world!

And pun this is just an attempt to paint the picture of the world after the events you described. You can only kill so many people with atombombs. Also like to point out that I never say America in this post above, remember france has got some nukes too.
10-20-2005, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2005 11:05 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
The_Punisher Wrote:I never said that the Terrorists were the Islamic States.

See this is the problem with any discussion with you. In a earlier post you gave this example:

The_Punisher Wrote:If a Terrorist lights off a nuke in 1 european city, you light off 1 in 10 middle eastern cities.

These kind of statements have indeed coloured my opinion of you as a person who sees people who live in third world, non-european countries as mere cattle with the potential for evil. I may be dead wrong but that is my impression.

The_Punisher Wrote:I just checked too. I never said that America was the end all be all of nations on this planet.

Check all you want. I believe I said that \"Add to that the inherent view that comes trought everything you say\", i.e. the context being America exists as a sort of moral high ground that gets to define what is evil and what is good. It seeps throught almost everything that you say that has to do with politics/current events. Again, I may be wrong and you might just be trowing out theoretical tidbits. If I find them distasteful that might be my problem.

The_Punisher Wrote:You just assumed that all those things I said were about America and Terroristic Islamic States. It actually says a lot about you and what you think.

Well yes and no. You were after all the one and only who on the RO Forums once put it to the germans theirin (mostly teenagers) that they were responsible for WW2.

The_Punisher Wrote:The amazing part is a bunch of grown men saying that there are no consequences nor should people be punished for their actions.

Huh!? I din\'t say that! I checked! Never once did anyone of us say that there are no consequences nor should people be punished for their actions!

Rise to a different level. Preferably higher.Wink
10-21-2005, 12:22 AM
First off, I never said they were cattle, nor did I ever say they were evil.

What I was talking about was hitting the homes of all past terrorists. Make people fear the reciprocations of terrorism so much that terrorists will no longer commit heinous acts.

I think it will work, but like I said before, no one has the balls to do it. You guys obviously don\'t think it will work.

Btw, LT, I\'ve maintained that the Third World War has been going on for a little bit now, and that it is a religious war. It hasn\'t escalated yet, but we are waiting for a When, not If.

Quote:You were after all the one and only who on the RO Forums once put it to the germans theirin (mostly teenagers) that they were responsible for WW2.

Hehe, well that was a while ago, and I don\'t think that\'s how I quite worded it. I think I said something along the lines of, \"Even when those that were actually alive in WW2 Germany are long dead, Germany will have to shoulder the responsibility of what it did.\" Or at least that\'s what I think I said. It has been a long time since I\'ve been back after my fun there.
10-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I dont have an oppinion on this one...

take Mao Zedong, he wanted good stuff for his people, but eventually couldnt handle the way to it...

Same as Hitler, he wanted to reach a point, only the way to it, killed him (not saying im approving what he did, understand that!)

take Ghandi, who \'fought\' off by using peace!

There are so many ways, but it isnt possible to take the right one in one lifetime... I think that the solution for fighting doesnt exist yet. i think it will come as soon as the world will im/explode or disappear...

but ofcourse, its to late by then...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-21-2005, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2005 04:35 AM by joeb.)
I think that if every nation would step down from the greedy-o-meter and pride-o-meter a bit the world would at least see less wars
10-21-2005, 04:37 AM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:First off, I never said they were cattle, nor did I ever say they were evil.

I know. I\'ve just explained why this is my IMPRESSION, and why I ASSUME this to be the case.

Nuts to this, I better head on out of here and into the World of Warcraft. No good things come out of me hanging around in political threads. In WoW, who knows, maybe I\'ll rise to level 8!