Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Evil
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
RE: Fighting Evil
I believe you can\'t fight evil with evil, since even though you know you\'re evil, you\'d do something good to yourself. Or something.

Or is that manichean of me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2005, 12:47 AM
RE: RE: RE: Fighting Evil
LivingTarget Wrote:Now isn\'t that being manichean yourself?
No. I just was being ironic (not even sarcastic).

Just remember that you\'re the one that have taken out of context my silly joke and used it as an argument for your \"good vs evil\" post Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2005, 01:23 AM
It was intentional oh stinky one Smile
10-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Heh, want some flames in your thread then? Tongue
10-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Fight! Fight! Kill! Kill!
10-20-2005, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2005 01:52 AM by The_Punisher.)
Well, the atom bomb was dropped for different reasons other then returning the evil favor.

However, the most effective way to deal with things is pure brute force. If a Terrorist lights off a nuke in 1 european city, you light off 1 in 10 middle eastern cities.

It\'s just like the movie Swordfish. You make the thought of terrorism and committing acts of terrorism so awful that no one would think to do it.

This is the most effective way to cull evil, to fight evil nations, so on and so forth.

But is there a country in the world that has the balls to do this? No. At least not any more.

Education, Economic Aid and Global Ethics are a joke. They offer a choice as to whether or not people will behave. Most of the time, they choose not to.

And we\'re back to pure force. The only way to deal with a problem is to smash it with a huge frickin metaphorical sledgehammer.
10-20-2005, 02:14 AM
tbh, i dont believe in an absolute evil. also, i dont believe in an absolute good. there are actions which i consider evil(gang-rape, torture, mass-murder with machetes) and the only universal good is a full belly, a full nights sleep, and seeing uour children grow up healthy.

now, under those definitions, fighting evil(eg. gang-rape) with evil(eg. gang-rape) can be considered justice(what happens to rapists in prison?) but you become as bad as them, and thus unable to pass judgement. or should recieve the same treatment. Nothing Solved.

but fighting evil(eg. mass-murder) with good(eg. full belly) doesnt seem right either. why reward such heinous action?

i guess the concept of whats good and evil is limited to the society and its paradigms. whats evil is only considered evil as long as the strongest dude thinks so. what would the war crime trials have looked like had Nazi-Germany won?

i guess there is no good, evil or indifference, just action and reaction. i hope this makes sense.
10-20-2005, 02:17 AM
it does :tup:
10-20-2005, 02:24 AM
RE: RE: Fighting Evil
The_Punisher Wrote:Well, the atom bomb was dropped for different reasons other then returning the evil favor.

However, the most effective way to deal with things is pure brute force. If a Terrorist lights off a nuke in 1 european city, you light off 1 in 10 middle eastern cities.

It\'s just like the movie Swordfish. You make the thought of terrorism and committing acts of terrorism so awful that no one would think to do it.

This is the most effective way to cull evil, to fight evil nations, so on and so forth.

But is there a country in the world that has the balls to do this? No. At least not any more.

Education, Economic Aid and Global Ethics are a joke. They offer a choice as to whether or not people will behave. Most of the time, they choose not to.

And we\'re back to pure force. The only way to deal with a problem is to smash it with a huge frickin metaphorical sledgehammer.

I believe that\'d be the dumbest thing to do, hate only creates hate.
You could also turn it around, you attack their nation, so they now hate you, so they attack you back, and you would return the favour, would that be justice? would it solve anything?? nope..

C\'mon, ye\'re smarter than that.
10-20-2005, 02:39 AM
sound like the cold war.