Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The thanks people get for help....
10-21-2005, 04:44 PM
RE: The thanks people get for help....
Werent dodo\'s faul tasting and very aggressive?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2005, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2005 02:50 AM by w00p.)
RE: RE: RE: The thanks people get for help....
joeb Wrote:
w00p Wrote:Building a city underneath sea level... :roll:

heyheyheey! we\'ve been doing it for hundreds of years, it\'s cool Big Grin
You make jokes, but you should remember last time Holland had a similar disaster...

And pun, no offense, but don\'t pull that bullshit, I AM an engineer in training.
Whatever you do, building a city under sea level is asking for trouble, especially in a regio with lots of hurricanes.
In holland, while its still stupid, the risk of a hurricane (or any other storm capable of breaching the dyke) is very very low, so the gain in mainland is actually halfly justified/responsible.
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Woop. Please, pull your head out of your ass and reread the first page.
10-22-2005, 05:22 AM
RE: RE: The thanks people get for help....
The_Punisher Wrote:Woop. Please, pull your head out of your ass and reread the first page.
:con: language?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey, someone barks at me, I bark back. Especially when they are wrong.
10-22-2005, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2005 05:54 AM by joeb.)
did I just see intelligence fly out the window??...

Quote:Hey, someone barks at me, I bark back. Especially when they are wrong.
an excellent example of how to argue your opinion..:wall:
10-22-2005, 06:14 AM
The_Punisher Wrote:Hey, someone barks at me, I bark back. Especially when they are wrong.

well thats one way to do it. but there was this crazy stoner chinese dude back in the named Lao Tzu. he said a bunch of crazy things, but they all made sense. of course, as your reading it youre saying things like \"whoa! that makes sense!\" and \"whoa! this guy was stoned into a higher plane of consciousness when he wrote this.\" i highly suggest every one read his work(Tao Te Ching).

but anyway, one of his sayings sorta goes like this (theres a huge lead-up, but this is the conclusion): \"Those who dispute, do not see.\"

thusly, when someone barks at me, i listen. i try to get them to talk all of their B.S. out. and if i know theyre wrong, i make sure they do it loudly and in a public area. either they\'ll realize theyve made an ass of themselves, or - after divulging their whole argument at once - i\'ll thoroughly thrash each of their points.

barking back and forth doesnt solve anything: nothing is understood and everyone gets pissed off. to be understood, seek understanding. those who do not trust enough will not be trusted etc.

hope this made sense. i just like to ramble about lao tzu(not sun tzu. he wrote about war).
10-22-2005, 06:20 AM
RE: RE: RE: The thanks people get for help....
Big-Al Wrote:
The_Punisher Wrote:Nor does killing out all the forms of life we know. In not too much time everything will grow back.

:wtf:

quoted for supidity
Quoted for rightness!

dr.moe: you\'re a wise man Tongue
10-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Who said we\'re arguing? I\'ve already proved him wrong before he\'s posted anything.
10-22-2005, 07:06 AM
dude, i said your arguing, or rather disputing. though i could have screwed up(i do that rather often) and gotten the definition wrong. you see, read this:

The_Punisher Wrote:Hey, someone barks at me, I bark back. Especially when they are wrong.

and drew the conclusion that you were arguing/disputing with someone. is there another word for such action? id really rather not make the same error again, if you could clear this up for me that\'d be superbly awesome in more ways than 1, or mebbe 2.Big Grin