Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reno\'s Project Revealed.
10-13-2005, 01:09 PM
RE: Reno\'s Project Revealed.
You gotta have some guys moving through a field leaving a whole path, that\'s gotta be awesome. And depending on how fast you run/walk it will make more of a disturbance.

Sounds pretty sweet. Now get working on those forests!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
We\'re waiting for some really really spiffy code from GG until we get teh uber forest that we need. At the moment things just don\'t work out quite as well as we\'d like. 0.6FPS just doesn\'t make a fun game.
10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Glad most of you liked it and that the coders could enlighten the rest of us with additional information.

The possibilities are many and will definitively be employed in many ways, both tactical and just because of the beauty of it.

Anyone else get the shivers thinking about combining the FFDRL with that grass and a squad moving through the tall grass? My goodness. The ideas in my head! Wish I could start doing a trailer already Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2005, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2005 09:00 PM by IntRed.)
All fun and games, but i found the crucial bit of line a bit demoralizing, ie; its not working properly yet, the fact that this only came up on page 2 of a thread dedicated to this is well not reassuring.

Quote:(basically all that\'s holding me back is the eternal evil that is OpenGL and rendering in general)
so basically all thats holding you back is the proces of correctly rendering objects onto a screen, a crucial factor in games isn\'t it Tongue

Plus the fact that you\'ve got one coder working on this for a considerable amount of time (\"the summer\") is well not the best time management layout either imo.

That being said it seems like fun, if it works decently.
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
well, it isn\'t the only thing reno did, he has several projects running simultaneously.
10-13-2005, 09:35 PM
like that lighting thing!
10-13-2005, 09:57 PM
... and more. Wink
10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
@EK, you should remove the link in your first post. It\'s pointless to leave it there. :stick:

@Reno, that is awesome! I can\'t wait to see the other fantabulous things that you are working on!

SC
10-14-2005, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2005 12:36 AM by Big-Al.)
RE: RE: Reno\'s Project Revealed.
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:I think you two should be making your own game for people to sneer at at regular intervals... And what\'s with the absence of lame grass jokes? And why am I spamming up these boards today? Sry.
lol, do the players get woblely if the grass catches on fire?

how about implementing gas masks?
10-14-2005, 01:27 AM
:lol: