Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP! TTR 1.2 won\'t work. \'window.dll not found\'
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
HELP! TTR 1.2 won\'t work. \'window.dll not found\'
Hello

I\'m trying to get TTR 1.2 to work but everytime I click on the icon in the system folder it says \'window.dll not found. try reinstalling\'. I reinstalled UT but I\'m still getting the same message. Am I doing something wrong here? Was I supposed to install TTR somehow???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2005, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2005 01:20 PM by LivingTarget.)
RE: HELP! TTR 1.2 won\'t work. \'window.dll not found\'
You are installing it on the \"Original\" Unreal Tournament right? Sounds like you are trying to install on top of UT2004.

If that isn\'t the case then make sure you can find a window.dll file in your X:\\UnrealTournament\\System\\ folder.
Make sure you have unreal tournament patched to version 436 as well.

Other things to try:
Make sure you have a TTR.ini and TTRUser.ini file in that folder. Have a look in TTR.ini and find this section:
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
If it say OpenGL that\'s most likely what you want to have.

If you don\'t have those INI files then you might have some trouble.

One more thing you didn\'t try to install 1.2 without installing 1.1 first right? That might be a problem if you didnt get a \'1.2 FULL\' install.

Other things I can think of is that you aren\'t launching TTR through the .EXE or you might be on an Apple/Linux system.

Anyway I hope that gives you some idea\'s. Please let us know how it went.

If you are looking for more TTR Files, have a look on this server:
[Image: ttrfilesad88x3119mx.png]
10-05-2005, 06:11 AM
No, I don\'t have unreal tournament 2004.

Wait. So I was supposed to isntall TTR somehow???

I downloaded 1.2 full, unzipped it, and found no documentation on how to install it so I clicked on the TTR icon and it gave me that message.

I\'m going to try doing what you said but I first want to make sure how to install it.

Also, someone on another thread said that unninstall logitech itouch suppoert would fix it, but I can\'t figure out how to do that. I don\'t think I have it installed, it\'s not showing up on my programs list.
10-05-2005, 01:19 PM
PollyGene, what are your system specs? It really helps us to help you if we know what you are running on, and with.

SC
10-06-2005, 06:20 AM
RE: RE: HELP! TTR 1.2 won\'t work. \'window.dll not found\'
PollyGene Wrote:Wait. So I was supposed to isntall TTR somehow

Not really. Just copying the folders in the zip you downloaded over your UnrealTournament directory is enough. Then saying OK to any prompt window that would open when copying.

Try uninstalling UT completely (deleting the UT directory if it\'s still there after unistalling) and install UT and TTR again. Maybe that will work for you. For me the problem was the logitech drivers. If that doesn\'t work, bad luck. If you google about it you\'ll find dozen of ppl with your same problem, like here or here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I finally got it to work after realizing where I had to copy things.

Yeah, I\'m a little dense sometimes Tongue I do think it should have came with a readme file, though.

Thanks for all of your help!

P.S. Do the bots ever know what they\'re doing???
10-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Bot support varies by map.

SC