20 minutes of Oblivion footage!
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1719_en.html

check it out, fascinating at the least.:eek:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2005, 07:39 AM
RE: 20 minutes of Oblivion footage!
Nice graphics, that\'s for sure. But...

(W00p, close your eyes and skip this part, you won\'t like it Smile)

[TROLLING]
It\'s fun to see that all these top-notch coming lately with promotional videos where you can see their game lag and drop FPS like hell... even with their supermachines with the lastest hardware. I wonder how it\'ll work in the average specs computer. Oh, yes, 800x600 with low detail. Impressive experience...

And, what about that super realistic AI? Do they mean when you see a character practicing with her bow inside her room, breaking all the stuff there? Or when she gives carings and food to her dog to lately use paralize and fireballs on him?... U-huh... yeah... realistic and intelligent AI. Nice example they showed us Rolleyes

The implementation of stealth looks interesting anyway. But... hell, you mean that that character can go stealthy 2 meters from an enemy with all that shiny and cling-clang noisy full plate armor? Enemies must be blind and deaf! Big Grin

Apart from that all I see is the same Morrowing game with enhaced graphics, the usual latest physics and the same sucky combat system. Ah, and with voices Tongue
[/TROLLING]

To me it looks like a game that will appear someday in a page like this: http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/sept...overrated/

Not a game for me. Not for my machine.
I already learned the lesson with Morrowind, I\'m afraid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Sure enough I don\'t like the computer requirements that pop around nowadays and any game that doesn\'t bring your machine to it\'s knees is proclaimed to have shitty graphics. And believe me a lot of people do that.

I for one am looking forward to the first rpg that makes at least a bit sense in AI programming. I never like it when characters just stand in the same spot day in day out.

So yeah will have a look once it hits the bargain bins Smile
10-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Well, I like morrowind cause I love toddling around in it and exploring, I\'m not a subjective fool... Smile

I know morrowind doesn\'t have mindbreaking AI, the combat system is a bit lame, but thats just not what those games are about.

I don\'t know what everybody\'s talking about, morrowind\'s framerates never have drops for me, and I\'m not exactly on a top spec machine... the radeon 9600xt is ageing, and a 32 bit 3200+ isn\'t anything spanking good.

Ok, just saw the trailer...
Those forests are just orgasmic! I see the fighting is better now, but the game has taken a turn. More towards combat!

Anyway, I\'m sure looking forward to it. Smile
10-04-2005, 11:38 PM
shift, don\'t forget it\'s also aimed at the xbox360, so good graphics are a must.
10-05-2005, 05:41 PM
yay 320x200 with 8x aniso and no FSAA
10-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Looks like it\'ll be fun to play, as soul sucking as it may end up being Wink
Though one thing they boast, like the paralax maps, specular maps, etc, are all just simple shaders that can simply be churned out of rendermonkey and dropped in your engine Wink
though admittedly, the way they generate the forests(according to erosion factors, etc) is very truely impressive. I\'m gunna have to start researching that sorta thing Wink

overall, not too shabby. defenetally worth looking foreward to Big Grin
10-05-2005, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2005 11:07 PM by joeb.)
lol, i\'d be impressed if they\'d really calculate that in, I think it\'s mainly a pr thing. They most likely did something like, at the peak there\'s a rock, and on steep slopes there shouldn\'t be trees..

[Edit] The fact that they made the forests procedural is quite cool nonetheless, especially for modders, huuuuuuuge forests coming up :rofl:
10-06-2005, 05:54 AM
well, it\'s not TRUELY procedural, because they\'re using SpeedTreeRT, which are premade models for the most part, though they have really nice LOD\'s.
So the forests themselves aren completely procedural, it\'s just very fast.
10-06-2005, 06:23 AM
well yeah, I didn\'t quite mean the actual models, more like the general setup.