Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
1.3x patch, do we want one?
09-09-2005, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2005 03:03 AM by LivingTarget.)
1.3x patch, do we want one?
Well I suppose the answer will be yes, but in anycase i\'d better check in before doing anything.

Suggested Fixes:
# (Testing) Have a look at fixing sliding while prone bug, happens a lot on marketgarden.
# (Done) Reduce spawntimes with lower playercount
# (Done) Remove performance manager
# (Done) Possibly fix grenade sound for listen server
# (Done) Tweak weapon effects slightly, autos + shellcasing + hit effects = slowdown.
# (Done) Implement the patch against the server browser crash
# (Done) Enigma/Documents respawn immediatly if it has been destroyed

Additional stuff:
# - Deleted - Officer idea, impossible without mayor rework. Both teams spawn at the same time atm.
# - Deleted - Medic, silly forgot I actually implemented a method already. However only available through TTRArena mutator.
# (Tweaking stage) Replace \"(axis)\" and \"(allied)\" in speech with flag icons.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2005, 05:06 PM
RE: 1.3x patch, do we want one?
Sounds good to me Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
As long as the patch fixes bugs and improve performance, I\'m OK with it.

But I\'d forget about the additional stuff you mentioned. Really not needed and they can give you a harder time than expected, affecting the ammount of time you\'ll spend on this patch and, ultimately, never releasing it Tongue

(btw, nice of you so solve the line break in unordered lists mistery at the wiki! Smile:tup: )
09-09-2005, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2005 05:25 PM by LivingTarget.)
I added something saying how difficult they are. I\'ll probably just fix the list and then have a quick look at the others.

I just mentioned the medic as it\'s one of the few things that was originally \"planned\" in TTR. As to the matter of time I won\'t be spending ages on this. Hence the small jump in version number. I\'ll fix what I can and then release it. Anything that gets too hard I can just cut.

And shift I will probably contribute to the wiki some more when I get bored again Smile

Must ... stop ... watching ... timer on ... site.....
09-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Now there\'s an additional stuff that MUST be in the patch: the flaggies thing. I LOVE the idea! Best one in a long time, if you ask me. Not the most original thing on Earth, but still love it. Candy and Useful in same measures. Perfect balance. Go for it. In fact, if you must drop anything from that list to release the patch, drop _anything_ but that Big Grin

And, as far as medics go, I keep saying that they\'re not needed and, probably, can break gameplay balance. We have bandages, more than enough to the usual surviving time of a soldier in a match. If you recall an afternoon session you don\'t use bandages that much. Most shots use to be killing ones, and while bandages can be decisive, they usually aren\'t, they just give you a few more seconds until you definitely die. I\'d only go for medics if they were really needed, if they filled a hole in gameplay. But they won\'t, bandages do the same thing, just better. And medics may unbalance the game. If TTR is ever that big and has that player ammounts maybe the medic would be a good idea. Right now is an appealing concept without a realistic application. IMO, of course Smile

Oh, and medics healing people just approaching or touching them slightly (the usual implementation) is pretty unrealistic to say the least. More like an RPG than the realistic FPS TTR is suposed to be. Will medics have a mana bar? Tongue

(wiki: cool, LT :tupSmile
09-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Can\'t you do me some flags then? You are quite the 2d guy anyway. Should be a piece of cake for you. I got some flags here but they are crappy quality.

They\'ll need to be small and fit into x8 scale. Like 8,16,32,64 etc.
But I can always do the scaling down if you make a big one. Assuming you can spend some time on it.
09-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Sure, np.
Just tell me the size and format.
In fact, PM Wink
09-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey you two, private dumbass here. I don\'t get what yer on about. What exactly is this flag idea?
09-09-2005, 07:10 PM
LivingTarget Wrote:# (Medium) Maybe replace "(axis)" and "(allied)" in speech with flag icons. Now where could I get those? *hint*

So, instead of: \"(Allies)[DCLI]Turbojurgend: doh!\" when you use teamchat, you\'d have \"[flag_icon][DCLI]Turbojurgend: doh!\"

That way you\'d had an even quicker way to spot teamsays while playing. But it could also be applied to normal chat, I guess.
09-09-2005, 07:13 PM
RE: RE: 1.3x patch, do we want one?
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:Hey you two, private dumbass here. I don\'t get what yer on about. What exactly is this flag idea?
Yeah i was wondering that also... :? :?

Anyway the other stuff sounds pretty good :tup:
btw, wasnt the nade sound bug a problem with running the server not in dedicated mode?

Wesker