Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
TTR tips & tricks: the TTR gameplay wiki
09-12-2005, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2005 08:27 AM by shift.)
RE: TTR tips & tricks: the TTR gameplay wiki
I just readed the HUGE ammount of new content you guys added. Nice to see all those revisions, new documents and corrections.
GJ to all Smile:tup:

constriczkoda: weapon list - k, i think we can have an hybrid solution for that one. I\'ll revise the document later.

Map screenshots: nice to see map pictures there. If any of you have some of those to make the tip or trick you\'r posting more understandable, don\'t hesitate to include them. Just resize them down enough before uploading them like constriczkoda did here to don\'t bloat the documents (shrinking them with photoshop or a similar image editing software will do).

Changelog: that document keeps track of all the changes we all make. Once you\'ve made some change to a document or added a new one remember to include the information of what you did in the changelog. It\'s not like you MUST do that, but if you don\'t your name will eventually disappear from the \"revised by\" text unless you created the document (it only shows the name of the last person that revised it -that edited it-). It\'d be a pitty to lose credit of your contributions because of that, so, edit the changelog, add your changes, and we all will have our content credited there in a fair way.

A good way to keep track of new content is to subscribe to the changelog, if you have set a mail account when you registered at the wiki (if you hadn\'t you can still provide one editing your profile there at \"Manage --> My account\"). Just select \"subscribe\" from the combo box at the bottom to the document and you\'ll get an email anytime the changelog is updated.

[edit]
BTW, in the weapon documents is better to separate tips and tactics from other non gameplay info. Just for better readabilty and to avoid possible confusions (anyway, I see you guys always added the \"anyway it\'s not included in the game\" sentence when that happens). See how I revised the info in the garand and the BAR documents to have a better picture of what I mean. Briefly: top side for in-game tips, \"Related Info\" area below for insights on the real weapon and features not included in TTR.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually, for the screenshots I used, I uploaded them full size Smile. But the wiki did a nice job of automatically resizing them for me.
09-12-2005, 10:03 AM
* shift pats the wiki
Good, wiki, good Smile

Anyway, it\'s better to shrink them before uploading. That\'ll reduce the filesize, it won\'t make waste extra kbs for images that will actually show smaller and it\'ll also help stay below the 200mb limit per wiki at schtuff Wink
09-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Will-do in the future. Smile
09-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Gotta admit, I love the name... Schtuff.
Makes me smile. Smile

Meeeh, I\'m in a good mood Tongue
Find all posts by this user