Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mapping for TTR: Torque
08-26-2005, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2005 04:04 AM by Constrictor.)
Mapping for TTR: Torque
I know it\'s rather early to be talking about mapping for the next generation of The Third Reich, but i\'m curious as to how maps for it will be made. Is there some sort of editor for the Torque engine that I could download to take a look at it? I may be planning to map for the next version of TTR aswell, so i\'de like to take a look at it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2005, 04:37 AM
RE: Mapping for TTR: Torque
You\'ll probably have to buy a Torque license for that. And please, don\'t join the TTR team, or we\'ll have to wait years for your beautiful maps Tongue
Find all posts by this user
08-26-2005, 04:50 AM
All level editing is done inside the game, so you\'ll just have to wait \'til it\'s out Tongue
08-26-2005, 05:12 AM
So, will TTR Torque be initially released with any maps?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2005, 07:15 AM
You bet it will! Big Grin
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Torque\'s map editor is included into the engine, and is run ingame, allowing WYSIWYG mapping.

You can download the Torque Game Engine demo and experiment with the editor(it\'s included with the demo, just get in game and press F11)
You are not required to own a license to map or script, so you could potentailly make a fully functional game with just the demo, but to mess with the source code or sell a game, you need to buy a license.

-Reno out
09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
is the map editor a free feature? one of the great things about other games 2k4, CoD BF1942 is they had their own level editors, so the community could join in
09-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Yes, the map editor is free. The map editor comes with the Torque executable, which has no license restrictions beyond what UT would have. If you want to, you could start messing around and creating maps for TTR Torque now as to my knowledge we will not be changing any of the file formats. However, you would be limited to terrain tweaking, and maybe making new structures until we get around to a release with art in it.
09-02-2005, 03:40 AM
and we\'ll also need TTR textures, or can\'t you use tex from the game package for your own stuff (protected content, after all, we\'re talking about a full on GAME here, not just a mod)