Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What makes TTR TTR?
08-19-2005, 09:46 AM
RE: What makes TTR TTR?
I got an idea for TTR:Torque but it might get shot down but I dont really care...

Ok kinda like what w00p was saying but be able to chose which side you are on like the invading with maybe some more people and bots against some other people making the map playable for more then just 8-12.

Another idea is to uhh something let me get back top you on this one but as for the first one:tup:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2005, 08:18 PM
To me TTR has a unique feeling, its something I have never found within other games, I looked thru some stuff in this thread and i agree pretty much with every post.

For me its kinda hard to describe what ttr makes ttr, to me its is probably the feeling of that teamwork really does pay off and solo work doesnt. Second will probably be the objectives, like LT said: Enigma, Docs, Capture of Buildings. And 3rd might sound weird but that would be the music, (yes i have always played with the standard ttr music turned on)

And not to forget is the community also, i always liked how small the community was with TTR, (i know some dont like the small base) You get more personal with eachother this way and you know almost everyone from the forum or online.

Writing this post brings up some really good memories, damn... did we have a hell of a time with eachother.

And while I am at it I want to thank some people for the great times we had!, I \'d like to thank the TTR Devs, The guys of LSSAH Wink, The guys of DCLI and ofcourse all the other players!

Albert Wesker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
The speed, or lack thereof; you\'ve actually got time to aim and think strategically. Try pausing to think for a moment in Call of Duty and yer shot dead instantly.
08-19-2005, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2005 10:01 PM by w00p.)
Lol, anybody remember \"BS Is the future!\" ? Sad

I\'ve got another idea. Squad teamplay.
A little strategy spinoff actually... Every human players is the leader of a sqaud of about 8-10 soldiers, and he can litterally command them around. Like aim at the floor 5 meters next to you and tell a bar-dude of your squad to sit there by a bind.

Stuff like follow me in a row, follow me in the current formation, bunch up with me so we\'re grenade\'s breakfast, ...

Would be cool, and then the human players could interact with eachother, like one squad patrols via this way and the other via the other way, they meet up behind the church and if one squad gets in difficulties the other squad just closes in on the others\' \"difficulties\" rear. Smile

Maybe on each team one \"General\" that views the game world like an RTS (radar laid out on an aerial fotograph) and gives commands to the squad leaders, maybe more facilities for the general, like calling in reinforcements to a certain location or an airstrike or so ala Enemy Territory, but just one person. Heck, why not even statistics and administration of the squads. (saying who gets what weapon)
Could make vor very tense gameplay, specially with clans. You know someone on the team likes sniping, give him a squad of 4, each with sniper rifles!
You know someone\'s pure cqb assault, give him 4 m1\'s, 2 thompsons and a bar!
You know someone likes long(er) range picking off enemies, give him all M1\'s and one sniper rifle...

Sounds like phun. Smile
08-20-2005, 03:04 AM
RE: RE: What makes TTR TTR?
w00p Wrote:Lol, anybody remember "BS Is the future!" ? Sad

o_O that was a long time ago. They weren\'t great TKers either.

TTR was amazing because it was the first FPS game that incorporatd realism.

1. Gameplay- balanced, strategy, medium-fast paced
2. Challenging- to sum it up in one word: \"Bolle\"
3. Maps- SUPERB MAPS. I don\'t care what others think on Seanboy. IMO he\'s the BEST realism mapper other than AH (oh and Merderet has to be the best map I\'ve played so far in a WWII game, kudos to spunge)
08-20-2005, 04:41 AM
What made ttr ttr was the community. TTR can be fairly rambo played but most of the community doesnt play ttr like that. It seems like it attracted that kind of people.

TTR gameplay was different because it was fairly realistic.(The weapon reloads were not) The making people crippeled thing really changes how this mod is played.

The maps were well made. The objectives could always be defended and going spawn camp is a waste of time thanks to the anti spawn camp feature and because if they slip through they can cap.

The objectives were altrough sometimes not realistic they do were well made. I think for future TTR versions there should be spec op maps in which enigmas and docs or equipment must be captured and standard maps which would make up the most of the game in which areas need to be capped and then defended.

I just got a idea. Why not make reinforcements come in ai controlled trucks from the edge of the battlefield the truck or apc comes and then drops the men at a predetermined point. I think it can be done. This could give a new tactic for games: you can attack the objectives but you can also hamper the enemies reinforcments which come in a small convoy.
08-20-2005, 05:04 AM
a can of beer while playing with friends is always good
08-20-2005, 06:28 AM
General ideas:
- Weather system... mud slows you down, heat makes you tired faster and gives heat shimmer.
- Map objectives adapting to player count. largel number of players gives more objectives while keeping the same amount of push-mode spawnpoints.

As said about merderet... make something that allows the new players to get in the game faster (for example place them in the spawn queue for the next captured spawn position for the attackers, and the foremost spawn for the defenders and let both groups loose when the enemy captures the next spawn... this gives the attacking team something extra to fight for

And keep the detail settings in such a way that there is no obvious advantage for running low detail (far cry anyone...)
08-20-2005, 09:55 AM
calling in for airsupport ?
Like the thing they have in RO and Vietcong =) You call in this airsupport, and after a lil while these planes come and fire towards the ground and drop bombs.
AND, on certain object/defend map, or like on a assault/defend map, there could be this big door or this bridge you must call in support for.. And you must go to this place up high to get contact =) Risky job, but somebody has to do it =P
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Hmmm. Feature requests should be in a different thread from the what makes TTR TTR thread. But that\'s just me.

Anyway, this something I wondered about when I was trying to deal with RO. Why did RO seem more like work than fun? Why was I just not impressed by RO(and UT2k4 in general), while TTR blew my socks off? I mean, they pretty much have the same main coder, so what\'s the deal?

One of the things that I liked about TTR was the combination of objectives in the maps. Not just CTF, not just Domination, not just TDM, but all of them! I still think that my favorite map is Market Garden. While the objective is a little backwards, there is some CTF/Dom, plenty of TDM, and something extra special: Blowing up something really big(which is even better when that bastard sniper is up on the pylon)! Same could be said for Navarone, and Das Boot. But then again, I was always an Assault kinda guy.

I liked that most of the maps were big enough where you could flank around, and try to get the upper hand. Unless YG had the STG of course. I guess that would be why I also didn\'t like HimmelsFahrt.

I loved that Brindisi was so unbalanced! It was almost like it was real.

As a matter of fact, I would imagine that Merderet, is the big scale version of Brindisi. Heck it has the river and everything!

So, the good maps with the great realism(no freaking crosshairs!) of TTR just made it a winner. I think it would be hard to quantify why we liked it, really. TTR just had \'it.\'

SC