Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few Models
08-06-2005, 05:20 AM
A few Models
Well, ive been a little busy lately, ive been working for a mod for only a few days now, and im having troubles, but i have had time to do some just for fun models, but theyre not complete, by far.

M4 9mm SWAT style
[Image: m49mm.jpg]

XM 15 Custom
[Image: xm1506.jpg]

[Image: xm1504.jpg]

Alright, well i dunno if anyone knows how to help me, but for this modm, im making models, and im learning to skin, unfortunatly the skins never work out, and i cant figure why.
The specific this is right now, wood, i make the texture, and put it in 3ds max, the wood has lines like it should, but in MAX it looks like coarkboard, its all blotched up, makes no sence, can anyone help? thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2005, 08:09 AM
RE: A few Models
What\'s the polycount on them? They look quite good Smile (I can\'t model for shit..)

About skinnining:

If you unwrap you models yourself make sure you lay it out easy to understand and use all the space you can so you\'re not wasting anything, that way it helps you out so you\'re not trying to figure out what\'s what every few seconds. I know that when I had to deal with shitty unwraps I felt like screaming, nothing is more painful to a skinner who can\'t unwrap than shitty unwraps... Sad

And learn to work using colour instead of working in grayscale and colouring later, that is something that has hurt my abilities. I\'ve been skinning for 6 years and I only JUST started to get good, so don\'t worry if it takes awhile to get reasonably good.

Good luck! Big Grin
08-06-2005, 08:20 PM
have you tried unwrapping your models at all? cause it would, uhm, help if you did... Wink
08-06-2005, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2005 08:43 PM by Serpentine.)
the polys are 2500-3500K, also, yes i do unwrap and i keep it simple, it still puzzles me, i do everything any tutorial has told me :wacko: lol anyways
Heres what i am able to do (no im not repping another game here, theres not even a web site lol)

[Image: final.jpg]
(Yes i know im missing important model details, im more worried about the skin, it looks all blurry and blotchy :angry: )

[Image: rightcopy.jpg]
and thats the texture i made....
08-11-2005, 01:29 AM
<{UFF}BottieWottie> Quote of the day for 07/09/2003 on #ttr :
<Big-Al[BC]> They are blurry cos JR is a crapy skinner
<JR> yeah i agree
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user