Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
QotW: Safety Blankets.
07-27-2005, 05:38 AM
QotW: Safety Blankets.
As a child we all had a safety blanket. A safety blanket is something that when at hand instills calmness and safety.

I.E. When you believed monsters to be under your bead, you grabbed your \"Safety Blanket\" and you were safe from the monsters, at least for the time being.

But the thing is that a Safety Blanket doesn\'t have to be a blanket at all. It could be a stuffed animal, an Airplane Model or Scuba Steve (ala Big Daddy).

More often than not, we retain a safety blanket as we grow older. Some people cannot go without the internet, others would be lost if they didn\'t have their cellphone on them and so on.

So what\'s your safety blanket?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2005, 06:11 AM
RE: QotW: Safety Blankets.
Video games Wink
07-27-2005, 06:36 AM
a .22! Tongue

I really actually don\'t have a specific one, because I knew all that monsters in the closet/under the bed crap was B.S. My parents may have ruined my imagination.
07-27-2005, 06:48 AM
I suppose the thing that makes me the most uncomforable when I don\'t have one with me, is a hankey (spelling? You know the tissue to blow your nose in...)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2005, 07:11 AM
sleep?

now i guess beer does the trick?

blowing my nose always helped
07-27-2005, 07:25 AM
I have countless, what does that say about me? Tongue

No but I think it\'s more of a question of setting to me, and not one specific object.
07-27-2005, 07:43 AM
My gal
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Music
07-27-2005, 03:34 PM
If you asked my parents about this about me, they would promptly say \"the computer and internet\" simply because I just spend a larger fraction of my time here. *rolls eyes*

I usually prefer to blank out stuff like being sad, simply because (don\'t laugh!) I used to cry/express my emotions alot up til I was about 12 or 13. (17 now, if you want to measure). Staying calm or feeling safe, I feel, is probably a luxury we don\'t have anymore (in a bigger sense). I try to ignore what is happening around me, actually - not being ignorant, per se, but just trying to lean the focus away.

Putting in mind I think I still have one being older, it could be music, or just reading something funny, thinking something funny. But I might be lying.

I\'d have to say this one or two friends - gals, (not gfs, by the way) - that I really feel like I can talk to. They feel more like REAL friends, and the feeling they give towards me makes the friendship feel mutual, not matter how stupid or weird we do between each other.

Then, after all this crazy soul searching, I\'d have to say my mutual friends. People I consider a friend, and they consider me one back. This would probably have to be it, since I have only a handful of these people in my life. The rest are just very good acquintances. I\'ve actually noticed myself not really using the word \"friend\" unless I actually mean it.

QotW\'s rule. Except they usually last longer than weeks. Perhaps we\'ll eventually make them \"Reflective questions\" Tongue
07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Heh, my \"Safety Blanket\" would have to be my girlfriend. For the simple fact that I am not fearful around her and all my problems just disappear Smile