Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spiffy Keyboard
07-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Spiffy Keyboard
Click Here

This thing looks pretty damn nice. For those too lazy to investigate: its a key board where every key is a small \"Lcd-like\" screen. You can program each key to look/respond to whatever you want. The example on the site, is a set-up cutom made for Quake.

This thing is set to come out in \'06, but I\'d expect it to cost several first-borne children, plus several appendeges at least.:wacko:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
RE: Spiffy Keyboard
Old....

took long enough to get to this forum.

...is it dead?
07-28-2005, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2005 08:08 AM by w00p.)
boring and stupid...
if you are actually good at your game/typing, you don\'t even give your keyboard a glimpse... (unless you suck at mapping your keys efficiently)
07-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Id like it for the games with the enormous amount of buttons that aren\'t in reach of your 5 fingers, but how customisable is it in reality.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2005, 04:30 AM
I can see, w00p that you\'ve never play anything besides a twitch game before. Have you ever played any sort of simulation before? Maybe ever used a program where there are 100\'s of useful hotkeys, do you want to memeorize all those keys?

From the press I\'ve read on the keyboard, just about anything is possible. Even dissplaying animations on the keys is possible, I don\'t see any use for that though, just another possbility i suppose.
07-29-2005, 04:34 AM
RE: RE: Spiffy Keyboard
andius Wrote:From the press I\'ve read on the keyboard, just about anything is possible. Even dissplaying animations on the keys is possible, I don\'t see any use for that though, just another possbility i suppose.
You could use flashing keys for tutorials: which key to push in which situation, and so on Wink
07-29-2005, 04:43 AM
I think it is a really good idea... not for gaming but other things like photoshop...

for those that don\'t use it, photoshops advanced functions are buried in tonnes of menu\'s.etc and it is time consuming to create actions or to repeatedly find something in the menu\'s...

One goodish thing about photoshop is that every function has a keyboard shortcut... you just cant remember them all as theres so many!!!

This keyboard would be a photoshoppers dream Wink

Vips
07-29-2005, 09:27 PM
I wonder how much power it needs and what to do when one of the buttons fails to function though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2005, 01:09 PM
@Evert: That sounds like a pretty good application of its abilities Wink
@Viper: Exactly what I was on about earlier Big Grin
@Delirium: It\'ll probably need its own powersource, all those little screens probably take up more power than those three little lights. I\'m hope for a lifetime warranty, but theres no way they\'d warranty something like that.
07-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Feels pointless, IMO. A standard US 101 or even an internet keyboard is enough for me.