Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
War of the Worlds
07-12-2005, 12:05 AM
War of the Worlds
Just got back from the cinema, was wondering if anyone else has seen this movie yet. I thought it was overall very good, even though some facets of the story were a bit outdated. Cruise had a good performance but Dakota Fanning stole the movie, that little girl is unbelievable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2005, 12:27 AM
RE: War of the Worlds
I found it a cool movie, I liked how Steven Spielberg kept some things the same as in the old one, the reaaaly old one Wink Tongue
07-24-2005, 09:08 AM
It was alright. Too many unbelievable parts of it though. People get to live for their stupidity? Why???? You see a huge explosion and the guy ends up living? NO!!!!!

I like the aliens. They looked pretty cool without being too ugly (like predators) and looked superior to humans.

Some people didn\'t like the ending but I thought it was alright, but still kinda unbelievable. They planned this thing out for at least 500 years and they had no clue that the atmosphere was not habitable by aliens? Even still they\'d come back with suits and then take over the planet so either way we get screwed....unless we upload a virus on to the mothership and launch a nuke at it.
07-24-2005, 11:47 AM
It was a typical Spielberg movie, as in \"Run run run run run run run, talk, run more, boom, run.\" Tongue
07-24-2005, 05:17 PM
RE: RE: War of the Worlds
Yellowbelly Wrote:It was alright. Too many unbelievable parts of it though. People get to live for their stupidity? Why???? You see a huge explosion and the guy ends up living? NO!!!!!

I like the aliens. They looked pretty cool without being too ugly (like predators) and looked superior to humans.

Some people didn\'t like the ending but I thought it was alright, but still kinda unbelievable. They planned this thing out for at least 500 years and they had no clue that the atmosphere was not habitable by aliens? Even still they\'d come back with suits and then take over the planet so either way we get screwed....unless we upload a virus on to the mothership and launch a nuke at it.
i hav\'t seen the new version, but i must say i agree 100%
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2005, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2005 09:55 PM by Delirium_.)
yellowbelly: thanks for spoiling it !!

anyhoo, ill go see it anyways, not that i haven\'t seen the first one.
07-25-2005, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2005 12:43 AM by [JR].)
You read this thread not expecting some spoilers :con:

Well thats just foolish.
07-25-2005, 02:49 AM
I was trying to get to your level JR.

Seriously though, a thread like this isn\'t about telling the ending of the movie though... some clever chap at a certain time invented \"spoiler warnings\" for people like me who read very fast.