Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Map in Progress: TTR-RoadToBerlin
06-27-2005, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2005 07:59 AM by Constrictor.)
RE: New Map in Progress: TTR-????
I plan to use some touches from Radar, Brindisi, and other maps. Other than a few buildings that look the same, this map should in no way be similar to any other ttr maps. At least I hope not. BTW: To all you mappers out there, what is a good, simple 3d editing program to make good looking rubble (from damaged buildings). UnrealEd doesn\'t seem to get the job done.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Question RE: New Map in Progress: TTR-????
Well, well well...
Once again, I f***-up in UED with something, and I cannot open the map. I attempted to create a texture and forgot to save the little bastard. Now, I have forgotten the package names and am unable to recreate this exact texture again. So... it looks like this map too will not be released, unless I can somehow remember the names I used for the texture. I\'m sorry if you had you\'re hopes up for this map (yeah right Tongue). Right now it looks as though i\'m done with UED 2, this is the second time I\'ve messed up a level.
07-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Aw damn Sad I was really looking forward to it... Would it be of any use to keep searching for the file, or whatever? If the files are still there, is there nothing you can do?
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2005, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2005 12:43 AM by Constrictor.)
The thing is, I created a new texture, and applied it to several brushes. After I saved (the level, not the texture itself), I exited UED (big mistake), and when I opened it next time, the level was not able to open because there was no texture saved, but was applied in the level. I performed a system restore to the previous day, but for some reason, the level still remained the same as the day it was messed up.
07-10-2005, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2005 01:18 AM by LivingTarget.)
System restore only restores the system (files). Mostly registry and drivers, I wouldn\'t think it backs up your UT dir.

On that note you should really know better by now. :wall:

If it\'s just a texture package you are missing try creating a texture file with any texture in it and save it as that filename. If you are lazy find any utx file: copy it and rename it to your missing filename.

Now you can load your level although the textures might show up as the default ones.

To get the package name open your map, quit and try to open \"editor.log\". Look for the missing package name and off you go!

Oh and how about resizing those images!
07-10-2005, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2005 04:51 AM by Constrictor.)
Thanks LT, hopefully that will fix the problem. I\'ll just link the images, that way you don\'t have to wait for them to load until you click on the URL.
07-10-2005, 05:06 AM
I tryed what you suggested but I got nothing. I\'m not even sure how I created the texture, whether I just imported the texture into a random alreay existing package or created a totally new one.
07-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Cassino was indeed corrupted I tried to load it ages ago when you send it but it\'s just one of those rare bugs.

You could try sending it to me, perhaps I could try something Smile
07-14-2005, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2005 02:03 AM by LivingTarget.)
Ok good news everyone, i got the map and managed to rescue it and send the required packages to constrictor. (Check your email m8!)

It loaded fine after some debugging so i\'m sure he will continue work on it!

:king:
07-14-2005, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2005 07:28 AM by Albert Wesker.)
Thats good news indeed.. Thank you Living Target...my hero.. :tup: