Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Map in Progress: TTR-RoadToBerlin
08-25-2005, 07:51 AM
RE: New Map in Progress: TTR-Stadt
it\'s a class that i tossed into 1.3
weatherManager, iirc
it should be in the main tree under actor.
(havent looked at the 1.3 stuff for a long time though, so i could be wrong Wink )
Once that\'s been added to the level, get a raindrop texture(you could probably just save it into the map) and the tweak and adjust properties untill your happy.
However, a note: this is managed entirely in script, so if you have too much rain falling at once, it\'ll kill perfomance, so i\'d reccomend keeping it more of a drizzle instead of a monsoon Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Ehh, not to be lazy or anything, but where can I find a good enough picture of a raindrop to be able to use as a texture?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-25-2005, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2005 09:50 AM by LivingTarget.)
Afaik you\'d better not touch that script either besides being untested it looks pretty badly done. I only included Reno\'s weather thing for the sake of it. I doubt it would run particularly well.

Reno is not very capable of writing realistic things especially in the unreal engine. That will be the end of that. In fact half of the things he tried to introduce in 1.3 were quite frankly bad.

The man has great ability, but got a lamppost in his eyes.

1.3 was a row of failures in the feature list because of the unrealistic targets. Come on did we really expect reallife physics? FFS UT can\'t do it. I suppose everyone bursting in on the mod scene thinks they can create impossible things, but soon find out the limits are indeed very real.

With Torque I don\'t know, in fact I have my doubt about all these biased people. They seem to got it right on all fronts. Sounds great, but in my experience if at least a couple of things in torque will start playing up we\'ll be in a boat load of trouble.

I just wanted to give reno a thumbs down for his work on TTR99 which he thinks is so great. :tdown:

So there another pointless rant.
Find all posts by this user
08-25-2005, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2005 10:14 AM by Constrictor.)
I\'m not sure if I understood that correctly, but should I just forget the rain altogether?
08-25-2005, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2005 08:27 PM by Albert Wesker.)
Sounds pretty cool Constrictor, but i dont know what i should choose A or B..
I do want to play it very soon but i dont want it to be small or stuff.
What is the approx. number of players who can play on it?

EDIT: About the rain, well you can always test it but like LT said it is not tested thoroughly.

Wesker
08-26-2005, 12:03 AM
It\'d say a good # of players as of right now is about 20 or so, the map is not small right now, but I was going to make it even bigger. Let me post an overhead screenshot.
08-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, it seems the game freezes when you spectate up too high in the level, so don\'t do it Smile. Anyway, I took some more screenshots on my level.

Click here
Click here
08-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Looks damn nice :tup: gj constrictor.. but its dark.. :o Wink
08-27-2005, 02:47 AM
Isn\'t that how you guys wanted it?
08-27-2005, 06:13 AM
I am really looking forward to play it, i dont think it has been done before in ttr(i mean in the way of really dark maps where you lose visibility) and from looking at the screenies it breathes atmosphere.

Appreciate ur effort to make us a new map. :tup: