http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31223 !!!@!@@#$^

im so happy atm. Finally TA 2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2005, 12:53 PM
RE: Supreme Commander Aka TA 2
Oh snap!!

This better be as good as TA Tongue
Hopefully better, but if its just as good I\'ll be happy.
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Cool. I sort of gave up on a sequel for this game. Can\'t wait. Imho, TA beat games like C&C by a mile or two tbh.
06-22-2005, 08:00 PM
indeed it does ek Big Grin
06-23-2005, 12:30 AM
And there are still mods coming out for TA Big Grin
06-23-2005, 12:36 AM
TA whats that? never heard of it : /
06-23-2005, 12:39 AM
best rts ever. http://www.tauniverse.com and http://www.tadesigners.com for more info.
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
In short, TA (Total Annihilation) is an RTS game much like Warcraft and Command and Conquer. Ofcourse with a few differences.

The animations were among my favorites. Planes took looooong circles to get back to targets it had gone past to take another strafe run. The bombers were awesome.

Also, there is a \"unit\" called the commander who basically *is* your team. Even if all your buildings are destroyed, if he still lives, he can simply relocate and start over.

Another cool feature was that not only do you harvest power (from the sun or other \"heat\" sources) and metal from the ground, but you could also scavenge materials needed from the wreckage of enemy or own units littering the battlefield.

All in all a great game wich introduced some new things making the RTS games that much more for me. I really liked it and was waiting for a sequel for years. Nothing happened and I gave up. I should have given up sooner Big Grin

If you like RTS games, you should really try this game and it\'s addon.
06-23-2005, 06:20 PM
tbh, I loved the explosions most Tongue
06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Me and my friend tested out the \"Absolute Annihilation\" mod a while back. (3-4 times, we\'re about to play it again soon, I guess/hope) It has a gigantic amount of new units, and some of them require a total replanning of strategy. You need to consider building different kind of planes and tanks to start with. As everything else too.

There is this HUGE battlemech each side can build, which takes a lot of time to build, but also takes up about 1/18 of the screen (not accurate Tongue). Comparing to usual units, that IS big. (It shoots about three kind of ammunition at the same time if I remember correctly Big Grin The annihilator beam from it\'s head, those tiny yellow balls in a series from it\'s arms, and tiny air-to-* rockets from it\'s shoulders. It\'s frightening.)

A big group of atomic bombers can take it out in one strike though, if not guarded by AA-batteries. Other kinds of planes it can quite well defend itself from.

Ok, enough babble, try it out if you like Smile