Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TTR Farewell
05-04-2005, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2005 10:35 PM by LivingTarget.)
TTR Farewell
Well seems like we\'re nearing the end. It\'s been a good time and I am afraid all good things come to an end.

It\'s hardly an option to keep a TTR server running, there\'s no new blood and the old guard is going elsewhere.

The donations kept it running for another month.
:thx:
Thank you guys that donated, but it appears hardly anyone is playing on it. Could as well throw money in the bin. I thought the dcli mash up would bring things to live, but heck it didn\'t

To go out with a blast it will be running a massive 16 player (if i can figure out this upgrade progress) server during the weekend!! I had some spare funds in the server fund. Big Grin

:king:

This weekend will be the last weekend you can enjoy a good TTR server.
- Saturday, Mayhem
- Sunday, DCLI mash up perhaps?
- Monday, TTR arena on brindisi/small maps

I might put up the server on occassions, like for a month here and there if there is enough interest.

Don\'t have TTR/UT? PM me for the TTR standalone link!!
If you dont like the legality of that standalone then you can bite my shiney behind.

Spunge as always THANK YOU for supporting 1.3 :nag:
After this weekend i will not be arsed with developing/organizing TTR no more. There\'s a whole new world out there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2005, 10:31 PM
RE: TTR Farewell
I want to thank you for the server, the times we did play ttr it was fun as hell esp. the DCLI vs All-Stars match.

And hopefully we can end the weekend with a few \"old times\" games.

Thanks again.

Wesker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Sure thing wesky Smile
05-04-2005, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2005 10:38 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
There aren\'t enough emoticons around to expresss my feelings! This will have to suffice:
:wall: :whocares: :thx: :agree: :wtf: :lies: :alcoholic:
05-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Had it not been for the dumb ass server people at my uni accomodation blocking the ports that most games go through to access online play, I would have been seen a hell of a lot more on the TTR servers.

Sadly this means I wont be able to attend this weekends farewell match, which i\'m really quite dissapointed about, I would love to be able to attend.

Everyone owes you a big thanks LT, for giving TTR 1.3 more support than the devlopment team did, barring Reno for his work on it. Its sad that its finally come to the end of this era, but I guess all things have to end sometime.

A lot of credit goes to DCLI and LSSAH (and possibly others that I should mention, but don\'t come to mind at the moment) aswell I think, for keeping the clan spirit and public play alive in TTR UT.
05-05-2005, 12:17 AM
This makes me feel a bit sad.
05-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Sad I havnt played at all recently which is a reat shame. But come TTR Torque, we might all be reunited under one great banner of triumph.

*cough* yeah, It\'s a sad day for us all......
05-05-2005, 01:20 AM
I think having a regular server makes people more blase about the whole deal. So while it\'s tragic that the server will most likely die a lonely death, an irregularly available server might create more of a stir when it comes about.

SC
05-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Big thx to LT of course Wink

I`ll try my hardest to get some gaming in over the weekend but i have got 2 Cali babes coming to stay for a few days :yum:
05-05-2005, 01:40 AM
:agree:... Pretty sad, still.

LT, my hat goes off to you. Not anyone has put so much effort into this community as you have. *showers LT in gratitude* Tongue Nah thanks, much appreciated :tup: Big Grin

I\'ll postpone breathing if it stands in the way of one of these farewell matches. Well, I\'ll try my damn hard anyway Tongue