Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shatter
04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
RE: Shatter
hehe, hey, dont complain, we, unlike other teams, like to tease the community constantly, even if there istn always content Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2005, 01:37 AM
RE: RE: Shatter
Reno Wrote:even if there istn always content Tongue

:wtf: ssshhhhhhh!...
04-18-2005, 04:56 AM
RE: RE: Shatter
joeb Wrote:nda sux :|

Just torrent it on ttrka.com ;-)
06-08-2005, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2005 02:52 AM by [JR].)
The TTR NDA isn\'t even a proper legal contract. About as legally binding as a shoe lace. Completely pontless, just there for show.

I should know, i\'ve filled it in three times.
06-08-2005, 03:43 AM
funny, I never filled it in HAHA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2005, 04:32 PM
whould this mean that buildings could suffer structural damage? They might fall down?
the collapsing of a building would be rather original if it ment that everything on the batalfield could be theoreticaly flatened. It would end up like those great fields of mud in WW1.
of course that\'s alot of grenades though.
:|
06-13-2005, 03:40 AM
I\'m kindof the gameplay dynamics guy here, so I think a lot of this falls into my territory.

The current Torque set up would not allow for something like that. Buildings use traditional BSP .maps, similar to quake and Half-Life maps. These .maps are designed to render fast, collide fast, and most of all, remain static. However, Torque is very easy to change.

It would require a rewrite of all of the interior rendering and collision code, as well as possibly changing its position in the engine hierarchy. In the process I would also have to open it up to some kind of hitbox system so we could have locational damage.

So, can TTR have it? Yes. Will TTR have it? Not any time soon I\'m afraid. The interior code represents 19 files and well over 20,000 lines of code, making it roughly a 10x larger project than the one I\'m currently tackling. Most hitbox implementations add another 1,000 lines to that, and, of course, in the wrong place of the engine hierarchy. It is not a particularly inviting prospect.
06-13-2005, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2005 03:50 AM by tomcat ha.)
Can you do it for only a few objects first? Adding more stuff with each release?
06-13-2005, 08:39 AM
As in, start with locational damage and such on players, scenery, vehicles, etc? Because of how the engine is written, all of those fall under the same category. Buildings get their own category, which is what makes all this so hard.

To answer your question, there are already a number of hitbox resources available for Torque. They work just fine with everything other than buildings.

I can\'t really go into much more detail on what\'s going on in this area. Between trying not to violate the Torque EULA and the TTR NDA, subsequently causing men with large sticks to thwap me, I\'m kinda at a loss to say anything. Can you settle with \"Your wish is my command\"?