Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The death of MG Rover
04-16-2005, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2005 05:23 AM by =D.C.L.I=Everest.)
RE: The death of MG Rover
Hmm... That reminds me of a story that swept our nation. Nothing as dramatic job-wise though. A company by the name of Picanol went bankrupt, and some 200 people lost their job. Nothing out of the ordinary, sadly. But then it turns out the CEO gave himself unearthly paychecks (he amassed over 25 million € in his time as a CEO), sucking the company dry and killing it.

CEO\'s like that should be hanged, not just to dry.

I don\'t get this bullshit about CEO\'s having huge responsibilities and therefore huge paychecks. Okay, so they studied a little longer than your average working class whore, so they\'re somewhat entitled to a bigger pay. After all, you could say that they did an effort to get there. One could argue that a working class whore doesn\'t have the resources to study management and all to begin with, but I won\'t play the radical anti-capitalist card here.

What governments should do instead of getting on their knees to save the workforce, is take all the money the CEO\'s have taken from companies on the edge of bankruptcy. But of course, since most western governments have so greedily embraced the capitalist ideals, they can\'t do that anymore :roll:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The death of MG Rover - viper - 04-16-2005, 03:22 AM
RE: The death of MG Rover - =D.C.L.I=Everest - 04-16-2005 04:56 AM
RE: The death of MG Rover - Smithcraft - 04-17-2005, 01:00 AM
RE: The death of MG Rover - Big-Al - 05-25-2005, 05:43 AM