Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reasons the Axis lost World War II
04-17-2005, 12:36 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II
dr.moe Wrote:icky-poo atrocities

:rofl:

dr.moe Wrote:its kinda like those psychology experiments done in the 60\'s(i think). there was one involving the underground bomb shelter and a bunch of college volunteers. one group was the jailers, while the other was the jailed. they projected the experiment to last a month before termination. after a week, however, the jailers were grossly abusing their authority through physical and emotional abuse of the jailed. the jailed were protesting in every way they could. they were burning their mattresses, trash, and fighitn the jailers. nobody died, as far as i can remember, but the scientists were appalled by how fast the "specimens" fell apart. funny thing is, this kinda thing happened a helluva while before abu graib. so we knew that might, nvm, would happen but did nothing to prevent it.

another disturbing experiment was performed by some other dudes. basically, (and i may be missing some parts to this one) dudes were asked to be in charge of delivering an electric shock to someone taking a test, when they gave the wrong answer. the signal was a light that turned on. so, when the light came on, push the button which shocks some person. gradually, the charge of the shock would be increased. they found that people in charge of the button would continue to deliver the shock, even after the charge was increased beyond deadly; they delivered the shock even after the person they were shocking (whom they could see) would flail, scream, and lie limp in the chair they were sitting in.

The first one is the Stanford Prison Experiment, I know of the other but forgot its name. Those are valuable experiments that taught us useful things about the human psyche. They are not inhumane or whatever, since the scientists didn\'t mean to kill anyone, or have fun doing so. Also, since they were never before done, no one could predict an outcome for those experiments.

Now the nazis just killed people for fun, and \"justified\" it by recording data about it. They didn\'t care about the wellness of their subjects, they were going to be killed either way. Now that way they\'re inhumanities. Or, as dr. moe put it, icky-poo atrocities Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II - =D.C.L.I=Everest - 04-17-2005 12:36 AM