Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reasons the Axis lost World War II
04-16-2005, 06:57 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II
' Wrote:It has been stated that there is no longer any excuse for hypothermia deaths; the knowledge and the technology needed to cope with hypothermia exist, so that treatment is now a matter of preparedness with the application of up-to-date techniques and equipment.

i was informed that the most useful data we have on effects such as hypothermia was from the monstrous experiments performed in those camps. that doesnt make those experiments any more humane, but it kinda makes them more valuable. the things done in those experiments arent legal, yet the information uncovered through those experiments is very useful.

its kinda like those psychology experiments done in the 60\'s(i think). there was one involving the underground bomb shelter and a bunch of college volunteers. one group was the jailers, while the other was the jailed. they projected the experiment to last a month before termination. after a week, however, the jailers were grossly abusing their authority through physical and emotional abuse of the jailed. the jailed were protesting in every way they could. they were burning their mattresses, trash, and fighitn the jailers. nobody died, as far as i can remember, but the scientists were appalled by how fast the \"specimens\" fell apart. funny thing is, this kinda thing happened a helluva while before abu graib. so we knew that might, nvm, would happen but did nothing to prevent it.

another disturbing experiment was performed by some other dudes. basically, (and i may be missing some parts to this one) dudes were asked to be in charge of delivering an electric shock to someone taking a test, when they gave the wrong answer. the signal was a light that turned on. so, when the light came on, push the button which shocks some person. gradually, the charge of the shock would be increased. they found that people in charge of the button would continue to deliver the shock, even after the charge was increased beyond deadly; they delivered the shock even after the person they were shocking (whom they could see) would flail, scream, and lie limp in the chair they were sitting in.

of course, there was no charge delivered and the shocked victims were just acting. but, again, the results shocked scientists. the only deaths from the experiment were the suicides of the dudes doing the shocking, after realizing that they had tried to kill somebody.

afterwards, these and other similar experiments were declared inhumane and illegal - which, of course, they are. dont misunderstand me (please!), i dont think what happened was right or humane, etc. But that doesnt mean the information isnt valuable.

so yeah, the nazis did some crazy, bad, nasty, icky-poo atrocities, but what they found can still be useful. and, if anything to prevent such atrocities from occuring again, it wouldnt hurt to recognize that though they are evil, the information is more useful and practical than platinum. mebbe that makes sense. if it doesnt, :tup:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: RE: RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II - dr.moe - 04-16-2005 06:57 AM