Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reasons the Axis lost World War II
04-11-2005, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2005 11:03 AM by The_Punisher.)
RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II
Quote:Not a sacred idol at all... the majority of British soldiers preferred the Sten... indeed it was considered such a brilliant weapon that it was used in some form or another up until 1985 by the british military.

Viper, most of the time I respect what you say. But this is just dead wrong. The initial versions of the Sten sucked something awful. Only way late in the war did they fix it.

Smith, I am not talking about bombing japan into the 20th century economically, but idealogically. Every single man, woman and child (with the obvious exception of a few people) would have grabbed a gun and fought the Americans on the beaches. The emperor was respected as a God type figure and got utmost loyalty from the people. By bombing the two cities, it forced the Emperor to tell the Japanese people that he was not a god and that it wasn\'t worth dying since they had already lost.

Also, how good of a weapon is really has nothing to do with how hard it is to produce it. The thompson was in a tossup tie for the PPSH. But no one is denying that it was just too costly to produce.

Also, I never said the MG34/42 were bad guns. I\'m just saying that there was no need for that much of a gun. All of the other guns in all of the other arsenals did a GREAT job as an MG.

Next, the STG was a revolutionary concept much like the first wheel. But compared to every other weapon that was used, it was nothing great.

Lastly, the TA152 dominated the extreme altitudes. Anything below that it was no better or no worse then the 190D9. Remember, every plane performs differently at different altitudes. The LA7 lost a lot of performance and maneuverability above 10k. But the P47 series gained a lot of power and maneuverability (compared to everyone else) above 20k.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II - The_Punisher - 04-11-2005 10:54 AM