Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reasons the Axis lost World War II
04-11-2005, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2005 01:44 AM by The_Punisher.)
RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II
Like I\'ve said before Tomcat, disregarding any advantages coming into a dogfight, the TA152 was only better at extreme altitudes. I can take a Hurri 1 and dive in on a P51 and beat it. That doesn\'t mean that the Hurri 1 was a better plane.

Next, the MG34 and 42 had extreme Rates of Fire. Remember, every bullet you want to fire, you have to carry. 1200 bullets is a lot to carry for only one minutes worth of firing.

Next, the STG WAS NOT THE MOST ADVANCED OF IT\'S ERA! It was a revolutionary concept, but that doesn\'t mean it was a good gun. The first person to carve a wheel out of stone had a revolutionary idea, but it wasn\'t a good tire.

The Mp40 was a decent SMG. But everything else was better (except for some jap guns). The 9mm was weak (still is) and it wasn\'t accurate at all.

Like I said before, the PPSH and the Thompson both have their advantages, but both come out relatively equal. The PPSH was controllable, had high capacities, reliable and had decent accuraccies out to decent ranges, but lacked real stopping power. The Thompson was reliable, had decent accuraccy out to short ranges and had extreme stopping power.

Don\'t discredit the ME262. It was a great fighter. The only problem with it was that it had a severe lack of acceleration.

Like i\'ve said before (forget if it was on this forum or on another), but had either the russians or the americans (not both) not been there, it would have been lost.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II - The_Punisher - 04-11-2005 01:42 AM