Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reasons the Axis lost World War II
04-11-2005, 12:07 AM
RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II
Punisher the TA152H when it did see fighting it fought with the tempest and won easily. I know it as i have readed a report by the TA152H pilot. The Mg34 and Mg 42 werent firing too fast imho. Ive heared often that both were the best machine gun for a WW2 situation. The M2HB is a nice mg and thats why it is still in service. Deciding which weapon is the finest is more a question of personal taste but the STG was the most advanced of the era. I would rather have a battle rifle myself but still it was the most advanced infantry weapon of the time. The Mp40 was a good smg. It was fairly accurate and it fired a good smg round. The thompson was a good smg but the best were the russian smg\'s Ppsh 41 and the ppsh 43. Thanks to theire reliability, bullet and accuracy. The comparing the P80 with the Me262 is like comparing a swordsman and a man armed with a spear. Both were optimized for different roles. The Me262 was a anti bomber fighter while the P80 was more a all round fighter. The He162 salamander is a more fitting compititor with the P80.
The US was important for the second WW2 but i think that only the russians had a chance of defeating the germans on theire own not that they would have succeeded. Germany was the most powerfull nation in the world then and it took the whole world basically to bring them down.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasons the Axis lost World War II - tomcat ha - 04-11-2005 12:07 AM