Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oil Prices WorldWide
04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
:rofl: There\'s more then a few people posting in this thread that seem to have lost their brain somewhere along the road...

Now, for some acutal informative facts.
Almost all of the world\'s oil reserves are already over their peek in terms of their maximum amount that can be exhausted from them daily. (with the exception of the protected of course)

It is extremely unlikely that new sources of oil can be found. The current technology to discover oil reservers, (seismic process where they find \"holes\" through vibration) is more then accurate enough to conclude there aren\'t any big oil reserves left.

The only untapped \"reserves\" left are small to tiny. Most of these are way too costly to drill and tap. (For example in Texas they already have to start resorting to these small to tiny ranging reserves. Needless to say, they don\'t make much profits from these anymore).

A number of experts and even oil business owners have already said that givng the current and the expected rate of oil product consuming in the near future, it\'s very realistic we run out of oil in approximately 50 to 75 years from now and oil prices will do nothing but rise from now on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2005, 01:51 AM
interesting article boomer.
04-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Coal: enough of that in china if they keep the fires under control

Oil: i want a car that drives on both veggie oil and diesel...
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2005, 05:12 AM
RE: RE: RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
That reminds me of something else: biodiesel. http://www.bioxcorp.com/

Quote:Biodiesel (fatty acid methyl esters or FAME) is a clean-burning diesel replacement fuel made from natural, renewable sources such as any agricultural seed oil, recycled cooking grease or waste animal fats. Biodiesel contains no petroleum, but it can be blended at any level with petroleum diesel to create a biodiesel blend. Just like petroleum diesel, biodiesel can be used in any unmodified diesel engine.
There are alternative energy sources out there, just little incentive at the moment to invest in and develop them.

=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:Go spew your garbage in a suitable hate-forum elsewhere (nazi, ku-klux, anti-disco ... you pick\'em!).

:rofl: Jackboots, hoods, and polyester leisure-suits! Oh my!
04-07-2005, 05:17 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
Sgt. Boomer Wrote:
Quote:Biodiesel (fatty acid methyl esters or FAME) is a clean-burning diesel replacement fuel made from natural, renewable sources such as any agricultural seed oil, recycled cooking grease or waste animal fats. Biodiesel contains no petroleum, but it can be blended at any level with petroleum diesel to create a biodiesel blend. Just like petroleum diesel, biodiesel can be used in any unmodified diesel engine.
I\'ve been hearing about that for years, but I\'ve also been led to believe it\'s illegal, at least over here. Thou shalt not steal, the government doesn\'t allow competition :roll:
04-07-2005, 05:24 AM
As soon as governments find a way to tax it, they’ll love it. Wink
04-07-2005, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2005 11:21 AM by Yellowbelly.)
good gosh people? Can\'t ya\'ll take a joke? I don\'t seriously want a war with China jeez. I honestly think we should run stuff off of nitrogen. Exhaust product from that is just plain water. I don\'t like paying 2.10 for gas anyways. Alcohol should be added. It wouldn\'t drain the oil as quick either.

oh yeah, in case you wanted to know whoever you are out there, you\'re not the only one who did so don\'t feel bad.Tongue
04-07-2005, 08:19 PM
as for prices of gas in the us yes its gettin up there round $3 a gallon. shure u guys pay more for gas but the brunt of yalls cars are 4bangers 6ers and maby a few 8 here and there. but here in the us the brunt of our engines are 8 powerhouses and 6es and a few 10/12 in sportscars and trucks, shure we still got ricers, but its america man the good ole american powerhouses usually sellout. and besides the point europe is like the size of texas, yall cant really be usin up that much gas, yall probly fillup like once or twice a month, i fillup like 3-5 times a week.
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2005 09:50 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
Again with the \"Europe is the size of Texas\" argument. Take a quick look at a map, man!

[Image: WF1.W.jpg]
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah but in that map, Turbs, Europe I stretched out enormously since it\'s more up north then Texas Smile A correct surface map would actually reveal how Texas is twice the size of Europe Tongue