Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oil Prices WorldWide
04-05-2005, 03:57 AM
RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
The future i see is Fusion makes energy which makes hydrogen for cars which makes moving wheels Tongue

Fusion also will give power to process oil into plastic. Im sure that if we stop using oil to make fuels there will be more plastic.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2005, 04:04 AM
RE: RE: RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
joeb Wrote:I think you mean hydrogen powered cars?
Right that\'s the one! 8)
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2005, 04:46 AM
I guess other than the fact that the oil companies are gouging the consumers like I mentioned earlier, and that the President and Secretary of State are both in the oil business certainly isn\'t going to help the issue. Dubya said that the gas prices would be looked into and nothing has happened in two years.

But of course all the other things mentioned are good reasons too!

SC
04-05-2005, 06:15 AM
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:To me, that\'s one of the reasons why the Bush administration had to invade Iraq: the corporate bigwigs behind Bush benefit from a high oil price. It\'s all about the money...
Not this again :roll: .

Before the war analysts were predicting a situation similar to the first Gulf War ( pdf graph ) when prices rose, then fell back to normal immediately after the war. (Anyway, weren’t lefties saying the war was about cheap oil for the US? Tongue )

The main problem, as always, is government interference in the free market. Supply has been unable to rise with demand not because of a lack of oil reserves, but because of a vast number of idiotic governmental polices from various countries. Venezuela, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, and Canada (thanks to our Kyoto-lovin’ jack-*** of a PM :angry: ) to name a few.

The largest oil reserves in the world are in Alberta (currently a province in Soviet Canuckistan, but hopefully an independent Republic in the near future). The Alberta Tar Sands hold an estimated 2,000 billion barrels of oil, though only 300 bb is recoverable using current technology. Compare that to oil reserves for Saudi Arabia at 260 bb, and 115 bb for Iraq. The problem is a lack of (largely US) investment thanks to regulation and high taxes from successive Liberal governments for the last 25 years.

(Where did you get your info Pun? AFAIK China is around 25 bb. Though I certainly wouldn’t put past those shifty little commie rats to do what you said Big Grin )
04-05-2005, 08:33 AM
No. I\'m dead serious when I say that right now, China has the most. And all of your reactions just prove to me how brilliant of a move it is not to even touch it.
04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah indeed if china really does have that oil its smart that they save it up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
RE: RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
The_Punisher Wrote:No. I\'m dead serious when I say that right now, China has the most. And all of your reactions just prove to me how brilliant of a move it is not to even touch it.

come on man, do you really expect us to believe that blindly? How come it\'s \'secret\' but you know it, what proof do you have?
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
He just knows. He\'s special.
04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
It\'s his right-wing anti-communist sources, I say Tongue

I\'ve read about the possibility of getting oil from the tar sands of Canada in one of my National Geographic Magazine issues of last year, when they had a whole article on oil. I\'d read it again, and take my arguments straight from it, but I\'m afraid NGM isn\'t an unbiased enough source for the other side of this debate. Pity, \'twas a good article.
04-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Listen, China is a communistic country with control over the media. If what I say is true, it would be easy for them to never let the story break.

However, what my biggest clue was from a story over here a while ago. A scientist speculated that there were humongous oil fields under some parts of China. China issued a rebuttal saying that he was wrong so quickly, that one can only think that he was right.

But that\'s my conspiracy theory for the year. If I\'m wrong, oh well. If I\'m right, we be f**ked.