Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oil Prices WorldWide
04-04-2005, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2005 08:52 PM by =D.C.L.I=Everest.)
RE: RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
The_Punisher Wrote:Evert, I don\'t think that the price you have in Europe comes from the actual price of oil, but from taxes.
Then you should have those same taxes too. We\'re talking about a natural resource that\'s there for the whole world to use, and it\'s running low for everyone. We have taxes to make us feel that in our wallets, you don\'t. Seriously, if we don\'t want our kids to inherit a huge energy problem - or even worse, a third world war for oil - we need to do something about this. That\'s why I think oil prices can\'t be high enough nowadays. The higher the prices go, the more people will resort to alternatives.

JoeB: I\'m only pointing out the obvious Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
RE: Oil Prices WorldWide
Wrong. The country sitting on the most oil right now is China.

But they don\'t want you to know that. It\'s a brilliant economic move. They\'ll suffer with the lack of oil from around the world until it runs out. But then they\'ll tap their own and corner the market.
04-04-2005, 09:51 PM
The_Punisher Wrote:Wrong. The country sitting on the most oil right now is China.

But they don\'t want you to know that. It\'s a brilliant economic move. They\'ll suffer with the lack of oil from around the world until it runs out. But then they\'ll tap their own and corner the market.
Ah. And what right-wing, anti-communist source told you that? Smile
04-04-2005, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2005 11:49 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
:woot: @ Pun. Interestingly enough China\'s thirst for oil is sited by experts as one of the main reasons for the push in oil prices.
04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
I also heared that actually also a important reason is the weak dollar and that because theres war in the middle east. I heared that the oil prices could be allot lower if both of those werent a issue.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2005, 12:29 AM
As much taxes as we pay here in the United States we Americans don\'t like to be taxed at a high bracket which is why we pay the least taxes in the world still as a superpower nation. Thats a whole other issue. though. The sad issue is that worldwide gas will continue to rise making everything else more pricey. Get those hydrogen powered vehicles out already car companies!! hehe. My main concern is that I don\'t want world war III warring nations over oil. We all like to drive though! So for right now that oil is pretty important. I\'d rather ride a bike personally if my JOB were a lil closer.Wink
04-05-2005, 12:37 AM
and oil isn\'t just used for fuel, but for a huge amount of things, like most plastics, etc. Our entire society is based around oil. Thus making oil the most important substance in our economy.

To change from petrol to H2 isn\'t the only thing that must happen, think of all the power stations which use gas, etc, etc.
04-05-2005, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2005 03:50 AM by =D.C.L.I=Everest.)
Hydrogen (Tongue) powered vehicles could have been around for years, if the multinationals who get rich off high oil prices would\'ve allowed it. But they\'d lose a lot of money if the world would switch to cleaner energy sources. To me, that\'s one of the reasons why the Bush administration had to invade Iraq: the corporate bigwigs behind Bush benefit from a high oil price. It\'s all about the money...
04-05-2005, 02:32 AM
What you are saying is true in the case that money overrules everything. I also believe that it doesn\'t matter which party is in office really matters as far as business matters. They are more like a figurehead. After the elections are over, they don\'t invite the common people to their gatherings, they invite all the top corporate executives to discuss business. There is a hard enough time getting hybrid vehicles out, at least the government offers a tax break incentitive if someone were to buy a hybrid. Joeb also has a point, more than gas has would have to change, because oil is used for many other things.
04-05-2005, 03:33 AM
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:Oxygen powered vehicles could have been around for years, if the multinationals who get rich off high oil prices would\'ve allowed it. But they\'d lose a lot of money if the world would switch to cleaner energy sources. To me, that\'s one of the reasons why the Bush administration had to invade Iraq: the corporate bigwigs behind Bush benefit from a high oil price. It\'s all about the money...

I think you mean hydrogen powered cars?

Also I highly doubt that Bush would stop that developement, as it takes a lot more than just money. You see, one doesn\'t simply replace petrol with hydrogen, it\'s a completely different system.

This raises another question, if we\'d have Hydrogen cars the price of normal cars, we\'d still have to get the Hydrogen from somewhere right? Right, and we get it from water, and it costs electricity to gain H2 from H20... Guess where that electricity has to come from. And no, the H2 gained will not give more energy than it took to gain it from H20, it\'s not possible by physics.