Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p
04-01-2005, 05:09 PM
RE: RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:We\'re all a bunch of prats, and that is why we stick around.

Hit the nail right on the head there Turbs :rofl:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2005, 08:15 PM
RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p
I\'ve removed some of the trolling in this thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2005, 08:27 PM
oO

That’s not \"troll\", that’s his opinion...

...and in my opinion, its wrong to delete someone else\'s replies when they obviously had a point to put across. I could get with it if it was overly offensive, but it wasn’t.

Nothing against you but it just seems kinda childish and immature.

Not only that but everybody has his or her right to think and express their opinion how and where they like, it might not always be appropriate or based on the right experiences but it is still valid, and for you to use your privileges to take away his right to express his opinion seems belittling and undermining.

Anyway...

What post\'s are open in the team atm?
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Even when its an attempt to further undermine the leadership of this project?
04-01-2005, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2005 09:26 PM by YOUNG_GROSS.)
Whatever digs they have with each other should be sorted out, and that’s never going to happen if it is constantly hidden, or skirted over for sake of appearance…

…It’s like an alcoholic who hides his addiction from his family…doesn’t mean he’s any less addicted or any less of an alcoholic, it just means he has less people to support him and help him deal with his problems.

Furthermore, don’t we as a community have the right to know about what’s going on behind the scenes? If you entirely believe that this could affect TTR don’t we have to right to know?

And if more people freely expressed what they thought, wouldn’t the world be a happier and more flowing place? If people can verbalize their fears, their fear will lessen, it’s the same with their problems…not only can more people give their experiences and opinions to help and guide, but others can learn from your mistakes.

For years society has placed boundaries about what’s acceptable and what isn’t. Like the belief that men shouldn’t show that they are sad.. Or “men don’t cry” Think about how many cases of suicide wouldn’t happen…or depression…or diseases caused by stress and upset…or family feuds….or murders…

And as for JR trying to undermine Spunge, it’s not as if Spunge smells of roses either. JR had something to say, nobody had the right to deny that or stop him expressing his beliefs.

So okay, perhaps it wasn’t the best thing for JR to have said, (and its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other) but to have some-one undermine your opinion, and belittle you by deleting your thoughts shouldn’t happen. I thought equal-rights for all, and freedom for speech came decades ago (obliviously not)

I’m not making excuses, and I haven’t been around for long so I don’t know that past of this, but if Spunge has repeatedly acted like he did then its no wonder JR has taken the bait and bitten back.. After all JR used words and Spunge used actions…which is worse the verbalization of the threat of murder, or the actually murdering itself?
04-01-2005, 09:49 PM
From the rules page:
Quote:5. Never flame or haress other community members. Doing so can result in actions from the moderators.

7. People will not be punished for having contraversial opinions, it is their right to free thought and speech. Allthough any opinion that shows, or was intended to provoke hate, along with obvious and intentional flamebait can result in reactions from the moderators.

And for the record, I do mind being personally attacked by someone who hasn\'t actually done anything useful for the game, for give or take a year.

I might not \"smell of roses\" but at least I\'m still doing my best to invest whatever little time I have in the development... Which is way more then what can be said of many others.

And let this be the end of this, the rules are there and they will be enforced.
04-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I wasn’t condemning you actions relating to the development to the game and I didn’t doubt that you do everything in your power to contribute to TTR.

As for rule 7…Doesn\'t \"Which is way more than what can be said of many others.” come under that. It was obviously \"intended to provoke hate\" towards JR…

Anyway perhaps this wasn’t my place to say anything. You’re obviously sore about the situation. I\'m sorry to offend anybody.
04-01-2005, 10:18 PM
These \"can we see some stuff please\"-threads usually get ugly eventually. YG: head on over to DCLI, the other old bastards are ganging up on me, I SORELY need an allie!
04-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Just see this thread as a message from the community. We still care for the mod but the lack of updates is worrying.
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM
RE: RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p
tomcat ha Wrote:Just see this thread as a message from the community. We still care for the mod but the lack of updates is worrying.
:agree:

We wouldn\'t end up \"flaming\" or deleting \"troll\" posts (both are just as wrong, no matter who did them), if someone would step forward and spontaneously give us updates. It\'s always the same scenario: no updates, community wonders about the future of TTR, devs get irritated because people aren\'t patient or understanding enough to their standards, and so on. Bah do I ever hate that sort of vicious circles. Next time, someone do something about it!

Also, about deleting posts: we have a post rating system now. If the community felt as if a post was too much, then they should give it a negative notch. Only if the community, in the ways that it is given, speaks out against \"trolling\", should deleting posts be considered. Spunge, I don\'t know what was in the post(s) you deleted, but it seems to me that you just wanted to delete something for your own benefit, because you can. Next time, don\'t. Besides, you might be able to delete a post, but you can never delete a person\'s opinion. Deleting posts will only make the person\'s opinions against you stronger.

Now why did I have to write this again? :wall: