03-31-2005, 07:12 PM
RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p
I agree with Jognt 2, Show us some stuff Wink

Wesker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2005, 10:25 PM
We should have had YG ask a long time ago!

SC
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah i thought this would mean a fresh start but it doesnt look like that. Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Yes wheres our Stuff!!! we demand more, in fact we demand you give up your jobs / school / families / lives and give us what we demand!!!!!!!!!
04-01-2005, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2005 03:01 AM by [JR].)
It is quite pathetic how little you have shown. It is a huge tribute to the loyalty and quality of the community that we are still here, god knows there shouldn\'t be anyone still hanging round these forums. In other communities this mod would have been given up for dead about 8 months ago. So get your act together, and start showing us what your working on, if you are. Which is wierd for me to say, as I am normally am the one who speaks up for the team, and says \"They are just a mod team, they aren\'t paid for this, they all have jobs or school, give them a break\". But not here.

Sad
04-01-2005, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2005 06:58 AM by Reno.)
*prolonged sigh*
I would very much like to show you guys some awsome picks, but as of the moment, we dont have too much to actually SHOW. a vast majority of anything we\'ve added is code, which i hope you can figure, is very hard to simply show you people(and practically impossible in a pciture)

ontop of this, most of you dont quite realize what kind of situation we devs are in at the moment.
If there was ever a definition for \'over your head\' we are re-definining it.

Recently, we have had, as the people who occasional talk to me in the irc know, we are *depressingly* short of manpower.
and i mean depressingly.

There are about 4 active members at the moment. i basically for the next while get to give up all of my code time, which i like to do the most, to convert all the old content over, textures, sounds, models, etc, on top of having to act as the primary manager of the project and keep the morale up.

Right now, to put it as bluntly as i can:
Life sucks atm.

Im a senior in High school, and i have to pass WHILE busting my butt to keep this entire project running.
I love TTR and wont ever let it die, but there is a point that no matter how much determination we have to work, other things show up and slow us down.

We recently took a look back recently and have determined that our current management is not how ANY project of any shape or form should be run, and as such, i have been pooling even more time into reforming our management to make this project run more fluid and pick up soon, but until we hit that point and beyond, it will be slow.

i aplogize, but i have to go. class sucks Tongue
EDIT: PLEASE READ THE CONTINUATION POST BELOW
04-01-2005, 06:01 AM
what he said
04-01-2005, 06:08 AM
aha i see :/ if i were a programmer/animator/etc id love to join, but sadly, i dont know how to do those things :/

oh and pictures arent a necessity, a list of features would be nice too, even if they werent in atm, a list of what you\'re planning to do would be nice Smile

think of it as describing one of your beginning projects to a friend Smile

again, what positions are open? maybe i can get some people to help Tongue
04-01-2005, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2005 07:00 AM by Reno.)
Apligize for the post drop off, class ended and had to get off:

now to finish:
I, and im pretty sure the rest of the team, while having some difficulties so far, have NO reqrets or misgivings for coming to the Torque engine.
There are things that we can, and will, do with it that we would NEVER be able to pull off through UT as a mod, UT2k4, UE3, whatever.

As i have stated, it will be alittle bit rocky at first while we are revising managment and the orginization in general, but once this is taken care of, there will be MUCH more time to directly focus on the development end of things.

Also, around mid April(my b-day if im lucky) ill finally get my hands on TSE.
It\'s been tight on the money end of things, but my mom, being as cool as she is, is gunne get it for me.
So what does this mean? why should we care?

Because it would be the single biggest step in improving TTR.
The massive terrain, the amazing water, shaders, and every other little amazing facet that comes with including performance boosts will improve the general quility of TTR.
Untill then, ive resolved to while everyone is working on their peice, i will be working with spunge revamping management and orginization, as well as getting all the old content over, which is primarily my fault in the first place for not nuckling down and taking care of it in the first place.

I apoligize for this, as it should ahve been my prime focus to get us where we where so we could continure where we left off right off the back, and the blame is mine.

So im asking you, the community, to be patient alittle long, till the end of april, and if you wil let me, i will pool whatever energies that i have left after school to brining TTR back to where it should have been all along.

With some determination, and alittle patience on your part, we could see a beutiful, shadered TTR that will greatly overshadow all those TTR2k4 shots.

-Reno out

ps: Jognt: if there was a position that was involved in game development, help in that category would be nice Tongue
04-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Well thats all we need to hear, your having trouble, who cares, what mod doesn\'t Tongue At least we know something is happening now.

And im glad your revamping the management. A good start would be getting rid of the people who dont do their job.