RE: RE: mine clearing
Smithcraft Wrote:Sounds cool Goffie!

SC
:tup:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2005, 05:39 AM
RE: RE: RE: mine clearing
AN GOF. Wrote:Ok instead of starting another thread i`ll just divert this one a little as ive had another idea on how to make the Officer class more useful.
I was watching BoB the other day where Blyth is shitting his pants in a foxhole during a fire-fight. Lt Winters turns up and squares him up so that in the end he shoots the German Paratrooper dude.
So that made me think that prehaps "Weapon sway" could be lowered if your Officer is within a certain distance from you as you would be calmer and have greater morale theref-fore greater accuracy.

I just hope that there will be no Blythes when officer is not aroundBig Grin
09-15-2005, 08:40 AM
RE: mine clearing
Quote:Ok instead of starting another thread i`ll just divert this one a little as ive had another idea on how to make the Officer class more useful.
I was watching BoB the other day where Blyth is shitting his pants in a foxhole during a fire-fight. Lt Winters turns up and squares him up so that in the end he shoots the German Paratrooper dude.
So that made me think that prehaps \"Weapon sway\" could be lowered if your Officer is within a certain distance from you as you would be calmer and have greater morale there-fore greater accuracy.

While it\'s an interesting idea, I\'d much rather prefer that all of this stuff be purely psychological.

I.E. If someone does this in game, you get inspired yourself (sitting in front of the computer) and get better aim.
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2005, 11:19 AM
i kinda like both ideas. cause if you see some crazy wild dude nade a group of badguys, then chase\'m down and skillfully spear \'em with a fast acting, adrenaline powered, cruel, unusual, and deftly fastened bayonet, ur gonna wanna support that dude as he runs back to cover. thusly, ur aim may increase.

but, although that would be unspeakably awesome, that wouldn\'t help with the weapon sway.

if u are so intensely focused that u move ur mouse the the precise spot to plant a jacketed present through an enemy\'s dome, and the weapon sways, ur bayo-toting-nade-lobbing-wild-crazy-ass-no- regard-for-safety-of-himself-or-others-crazy-bastard friendly dude is toast. i know these things... because i made them up.

but anyway, that would be the reason to have the officer dilute the effect of weapon sway. biology on this side of the screen only goes so far.

and about the mines, that would be a highly effective deterrent to someone with an attention span of my caliber. after blowing up the first time, i would never maneuver through that patch of dangerous ground again. i would instead find myself a healthy knoll of deadly ground and attack like a one armed monkey man... with a garand in hand instead of a handful of vile, vile pheces.

if that made any sense to any of you, i congratulate u. i seem to have lost my train of thought again, which is rather disconcerting for two reasons. firstly: trains are really big, and losing something that size will have really big consequences. and two: without a train, even if i had somewhere to go, i have no way of getting there so the post would devolve into rambling insanity hitherto unkown to the people of this area code... or yours mebbe(if not, u may wanna move, man. \'cause theyre probably bug house nuts.)

in closing, ill leave u all with a phrase a great man once said while he was being interviewed on HBO about the premiere of his rockin awesome classic movie \'Death to Smoochie:\' \"... well you know what they say: \'once a philosopher, twice a pervert\'.\"

thats all i got.
09-15-2005, 09:16 PM
oh great, we\'re gonna suicide ourselves in minefields again... please make sure this behaviour gets penalties Confused
09-15-2005, 09:30 PM
No the minefeild idea was posted months ago, i didnt want to start a new thread.

\"Officers having a worthwhile role by boosting morale there-fore increasing accuracy/stamina whislt with- in a certain circumfrnce, possably only by use of voice commands there-fore giving away that squads posistion to negate the effect of the increased stamina/accurracy\"

maybe i should have posted that Tongue
09-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Oooh, sexy!