What symbolises elegance?
03-22-2005, 08:27 AM
RE: What symbolises elegance?
I think Japanese calligraphy fits most of those specifications Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2005, 08:28 AM
RE: RE: What symbolises elegance?
Smithcraft Wrote:1 a - Refinement, grace, and beauty in movement, appearance, or manners.

Spitfire Mk5

Quote:2 a - Restraint and grace of style.

Spitfire Mk5

Quote:2 b - Scientific exactness and precision.

Spitfire Mk5
03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
I don\'t see why us being in the majority, \"young males\", automatic makes it impossible to have a decent disscussion about things in life that actually matter....good thread Jonathan....just infected with some fairly dodgy posts...
03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
err elegance hmmm....

martial arts can be a very elegant thing

any particually well desgined product for me lots of the stuff apple chern out strike me as elegant.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2005, 12:18 PM
teaching is elegance. that may not make too much sense, but finding the perfect way to convey a concept to someone and witnessing their application of that knowledge is truly awesome. barbershop music is pretty awesome too. the way the chords grow and shift into sounds that liquify your bones and raise goosebumps on your skin. also, how about trapeze performances? those are stunning in their gracefulness. or a good game of ttr is pretty damn graceful, especially when u totally school your competition.
there\'s also grace in the exchange of respect and forgiveness. though that may not be tangible enough for this thread.
03-25-2005, 01:08 AM
the swanlake (if thats the english name for the ballet show) i think has elegance too, and a swan

but for thr est i dont really think anything as elegant... horses can be elegant, everything can be.... even i can... (i think)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user