Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s
03-25-2005, 04:44 AM
RE: [custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s
Lol I could steel a plate from a truck saying \"long vehicle\"! Big Grin

OK, Engines are complicatedly simple, or simply complicated, or whatever.
I went to the lawnmower shop I mentoned earlier, and he said I already have a throttle.
Seems that choke valve I was talking about in the first post was throttle after all.
I wanted to check this, and boy, that engine revs!!! Big Grin
I am a bit afraid though that I\'m gonna overheat it...

Sounds like a DIY watercooling job. Smile

I may take a few piccies saturday, and possibly even a short movie showing how I rev the engine. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2005, 05:49 AM
RE: RE: [custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s
w00p Wrote:Lol I could steel a plate from a truck saying "long vehicle"! Big Grin

:spank:
03-31-2005, 06:12 AM
RE: [custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s
and, you, of all things, didn\'t mention the custom watercooling plans??? Tongue

Anyway, these days I\'ve been doubting, and, if you ask me, it\'ll be easier to make a little chopper or something like it frame-wise after all.
The only problem I then have is finding info about the centre of mass of the engine and all other parts. I\'ve learnt about centre off mass in school of an object made out of one material, but could someone tip me in on one to calculate a centre of mass of an object consisting of different materials?
And possibly a small online index of the (forgot the term, the unit is in Kg/M?) of some materials that would be of common use.

Oh, and, izzy, is it possible to stick-weld aluminium?
How much amperes should your welder be able to pump out?

Also, does anybody know where I can find a general tachometer to measure the engines rpm\'s?