Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TTR History lesson
03-10-2005, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2005 12:13 AM by LivingTarget.)
TTR History lesson
Picture from Discord, for 1.1 never released outside DCLI private forums as far as I know
[Image: promo.jpg]

November 2002 - TTR 1.0 released
Servers fill up slowly, I could only get the download in the weekend after the release and I remained pretty much on the servers for a very long time.
A lot of players are coming in to check out the game and it would be normal to see the likes of 4Lom, Falcon, Destiny@work and many other players around. Soon after clans start forming, especially =D.C.L.I= and DBMM (Death by Mau Mau). It\'s fun to think about it that I chose DCLI around 23 December 2002, but it was really close between those 2 clans. You\'d either want to be in DCLI or DBMM at that time, since I am sure DBMM was the best clan in the beginning. How could it not with 4Lom (4 Love Of Money)?

[Image: LTsig.gif]

For some DBMM history go to their site: http://www.dbmm.tk/
[Image: dbmmsig.jpg]

Servers get fuller over time, but TTR is still in it\'s childhood and is plagued by a number of bugs. Spawn crash/bandage bug anyone?

Jan 2003 - =D.C.L.I= get their forums which are still up at this very date.
The underlying quote from the email that came with it:
Quote:Remember... if you ride alone, you ride with HITLER.

DBMM match, historically the first official TTR match ever takes place!
Here is a little outline from our tactical forum which shows the kind of stuff we discussed by =D.C.L.I=Stink:
Quote:taking canal in brindisi - a stinky tactic

hi all

today i\'ve being asked by livint if i knew a way to take canal.
well, i have a plan that uses to work when i play ally in brindisi.
the way it goes depends on the amount of players in your team.

the most important position to take is the grey building. a barman should be placed there to kill incoming axis. they\'ll know your position very soon, so u better change your position (without leaving grey) between first floor and the floor. if you don\'t you\'ll surely be naded. if barman can\'t get grey building let a sargeant take it. just make sure u have an automatic gun there.
this tactic works well even in 1 vs 2. just make sure you are a barman whore Wink

the second important position to take (surely the first you\'ll clean) is orange building. 1 man should clean top sniper and kill incoming axis too, shooting from door or from little window (door is better). from that pos u can kill axis that go around the river and try to snipe you from bridge.

so, 2 men can capture canal if they coordinate well and shoot sharp.

if there are more team members things are easier. you can place one in chruch bridge area to snipe sneakis axis and the rest suporting the grey and orange buildings in any position.

i hope i explained it well :con:

comments about this tactic are welcome Big Grin

Reply by An Gof

ive also got a bit of an idea about the canel, but its more in the clearing the buldings from over the bridge before the assult team go and capture .

When im axis on brindi i always go sniper if poss and head for the orange building and snipe over the bridge ,Living Target{Allies} was in that 2nd floor room{ the one you get into from under the 1st arch near allies spawn run up the broken wall and in looks right over the bridge and orange building} with a BAR and keeped takin me out without me knowing where he was { usually its a sniper in that room so i always keep an eye out ,but because i keeped getting killed by a BAR i wasnt looking for him there icon_rolleyes.gif this frees up the allied sniper to lie in the totally bombed out building across from the arch and he can then snipe that window in the grey building and they wont expect the sniper to be there { i got 4 lom 8 times untill he sussed me and threw a nade from that little window right over to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! }. this two man squad can keep both danger areas clear for the assult unit to cross the bridge with grenades at the ready { need to be very very carefull 1 bad nade will destroy the assult squad { seen it a hundred times 3 of us cross the bridge to assult the capture zone only to be wiped out by our own grenade fron some1 not being carefull } {PRACTICE GRENADES AS MUCH AS POSSABLE PLZ I WANT US ALL TO BE AS GOOD AS 4LOM WITH THEM !!!!!!!!!! }.

may 2003 - Beta testing 1.1 is underway, =D.C.L.I= put a strain on them by being in charge of the testing.

april 2003 - DCLI nearly collapses as Stink, Viper and An Gof leave, An Gof and Vips thankfully returned in a few months time.
Quote:Its a dumb old tree house ,but the roof dont leak
This is about the time we start to think about the line:
Quote:You may quit, but you will never leave =D.C.L.I= (or at least without some missing fingers)

july 2003 - From the DCLI forums:
thread: swampfox and robberty
We are starting a new ttr clan we will let you know the forum site later!

=D.C.L.I= memorial site in cornwall, photo by An Gof
[Image: barracks.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2005, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2005 11:48 PM by LivingTarget.)
RE: TTR History lesson
MATCHES

=D.C.L.I= versus DBMM, score: 3 vs 1

Maps: Brindisi and MarketGarden

[Image: dcli1.jpg]

[Image: dcli2.jpg]

[Image: dcli3.jpg]

=D.C.L.I= versus 77h, score 3 vs 1 correct me if my memory failed

maps: Das Boot (!) and Navarone

[Image: dcli77h1.jpg]

[Image: dcli77h2.jpg]

[Image: dcli77h3.jpg]

[Image: dclivs77h.jpg]

=D.C.L.I= versus L.O.G. (League Of Gentlemen), score 2 vs 2
brindisi round 1 =D.C.L.I=
brindisi round 2 (L.O.G)
marketgarden round 1 (L.O.G)
marketgarden round 2 =D.C.L.I=

[Image: dclilog1.jpg]

[Image: dclilog2.jpg]

[Image: dclilog3.jpg]
03-10-2005, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2005 11:56 PM by LivingTarget.)
=D.C.L.I= versus {M|P} (Mount pleasant), score ??? I think we lost. There were not enough dcli players there.#

To be honest i am not even sure if these are pictures from that match, but what the heck feast away!!

:tup:

Maps: Merkers and Merderet

[Image: score1.jpg]

[Image: score3.jpg]

[Image: score4.jpg]

[Image: score7.jpg]

Well I hope you all enjoyed that piece of nostalgia, if you like to make amendments or correct me on numberous occations post it below!

Let\'s all rejoice now that TTR has been here for 3+ years!

P.S.: I had to split the original post in 3 pieces because the forum does not allow posts with more then 10 images
:whocares:
03-10-2005, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2005 11:59 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
I am gonna green-click you till I\'m blue in the face! Exellent! Big Grin

*Nostalgia sets in*

I want the good times back, god dammit!:wall:
03-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I can remember the first time i played TTR. It was 1.0 and it was totally dark. I didnt touch it for months after that iirc. Then not to long after 1.1 i returned. that could be wrong tho. That period is all vague.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2005, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2005 12:16 AM by Albert Wesker.)
Man, those are some really old TTR screenies.. and those last couple of screenshots got a really nice filled server.

Quote:I want the good times back, god dammit!:wall:

Same here Mr Turbojugend.

Well, I first played TTR at the stage of 1.0, I played it really intensive for a few weeks and then i dropped it.

and around the beginning of 2004 I re?nstalled ttr 1.2 and started playing again. after that I installed it on my uncle\'s computer (bluevox) and after a while i decided to start a clan.

Wesker
03-11-2005, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2005 12:35 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
BTW those last screenies are indeed from the dcli/MP match. Only one I actually had the chance to attend before TTR died. Hot damn I was so much better with the BAR then than I am now!
03-11-2005, 12:34 AM
i remember i first played TTR in a pre 1.0 beta test and i team killed spunge by shooting him in the head Big Grin

good times.. Tongue
03-11-2005, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2005 02:01 AM by AN GOF..)
Great post LT :tup:

Brings a tear to my eyes thinking about the good ole days :roll:
03-11-2005, 02:19 AM
yeah great post! i remember waiting for the 1.0 release, then testing 1.1, then as it always does real life took over for a while, but here i am back for more Tongue