Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
GDC \'05
03-08-2005, 11:12 AM
GDC \'05
Looks like there\'ll be some good stuff at the Game Developer\'s Conference this year.

Here\'s something for instance:
http://www.garagegames.com/mg/snapshot/view.php?qid=960

That\'s the new Torque demo that\'ll be released in the near future.
Its running on a modified Toque 1.4 codebase (TTR atm uses a modded 1.3 codebase)
So as we can see, there are some good things GG is cooking up for this year Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2005, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2005 01:04 PM by Villemus.)
RE: GDC \'05
I checked that out earlier, looks really cool. The graphics look better, or maybe because of T. Aste\'s artwork, or both. I really liked how one player was kneeling, that isn\'t in stock TGE. I added it to a character myself, but I hate adding animations. If your bone structure isn\'t exactly like stock TGE, then you have to make all the animations. Which isn\'t so bad as stock TGE animations are pretty plain.Tongue

[edit] What would be really nice if someone would release a facial animation content pack.[/edit]Big Grin
03-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Heh, well if you read through, they say that its modded 1.4 codebase (the latest released ver is 1.3) and has T. Aste\'s artwork (whichs rocks my socks Tongue ) and the synapse lighting pack.
None of that is TSE. Smile
I cant wait to start pulling TTR to 1.4
one of the main focuses of 1.4 was to improve on the editing and making it more user friendly.

btw, they released teh vid for that demo
03-08-2005, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2005 01:23 PM by Villemus.)
Very cool, it wasn\'t out earlier. I went to the pub and had a few Bass\' and a sandwich. Going to check out the vid now. m8.

[edit]The video is really cool, TGE is really getting better. I\'ve been playing with TGE for 2 years, and they have put a lot of work into it. Definitely the best deal on the market.

Here is the link for the video.
03-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Thats a great looking video there. It really reminded me of Stalingrad. Minus the large hover craft and whatnot Tongue
03-09-2005, 04:31 AM
Very nice! (I\'m somewhat surprised by the huge community interest in the engine... :roll:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2005, 05:27 AM
cool.
03-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Yeah, It looks really nice.
03-09-2005, 09:10 AM
RE: RE: GDC \'05
Jonathan Wrote:Very nice! (I\'m somewhat surprised by the huge community interest in the engine... :roll:

Well, it is the engine that you guys are using, so we want to know what it\'s capable of. Besides, that\'s only TGE, TSE should look even better.Tongue
03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
That looks friggin sweat. Can\'t wait for TTR to look better though Big Grin