Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maximum pain is aim of new US weapon
03-04-2005, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2005 04:54 AM by shift.)
Maximum pain is aim of new US weapon
From New Scientist:
Quote:The US military is funding development of a weapon that delivers a bout of excruciating pain from up to 2 kilometres away. Intended for use against rioters, it is meant to leave victims unharmed. But pain researchers are furious that work aimed at controlling pain has been used to develop a weapon. And they fear that the technology will be used for torture.

The link to the full story: http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7077

Well, this sounds pretty weird and mostly scary.
Where\'s the limit in antiriot systems? Just dead?

Anyway, it seems that the old cliche about science advancements being used just for military stuff is here again... and as soon as 2007.

I wonder if there\'s any defensive system for that kind of weapon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2005, 05:14 AM
RE: Maximum pain is aim of new US weapon
You\'d be surprised by the amount of things we have.

We have an attachment for Helo\'s that shoots out Microwaves. These microwaves cause upset stomachs on anyone that\'s hit with them. And when I say upset stomachs, I mean barely controllable explosive diarrhea.

They\'ve used it a few times so far. At one camp in North Africa, they marched into the camp and caught everyone in line for the outhouse. Most had shit themselves.

Remember, less then Lethal doesn\'t mean it won\'t hurt.
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2005, 05:17 AM
Also, I get real migraines. There is no force in this world, manufactured or natural that can top that pain.
03-04-2005, 05:31 AM
Heh, migraines suck. Hopefully I don\'t suffer them, but I know ppl that does.

I heard about that diarreah weapon time ago, yes. Anyway that sounded more like \"soft\" non-lethal weapons like that \"gay bomb\" we heard about not too much ago.

Anyway, this new thing sounds really nasty. Non lethal doesn\'t mean it\'s not dangerous, and all this new systems and weapons to control civilians is starting to sound like an 80\'s cyberpunk movie (i mean, they weren\'t too much optimistic Smile)
03-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Hmmm i hope this weapon isnt used for bad purposes.
03-04-2005, 05:47 AM
properly training troops (which the US usually doesn\'t as it sems) in riot control is too expensive for them?
03-04-2005, 06:38 AM
I\'m sorry but I\'ve got funny image in my head of a crowd of people doing a silly painful dance when its turned on an off in quick sucession.
03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I think I heard of this a long time ago..... But I didn\'t know it had anything to do with plasma :eek:. But I suppose pretty soon after this is out, some other country is going to get this technology and make the pulses burn through anything, So lets hope this doesnt get into the wrong hands.
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2005 07:16 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: RE: Maximum pain is aim of new US weapon
The_Punisher Wrote:Also, I get real migraines. There is no force in this world, manufactured or natural that can top that pain.

I?ve had it only once, thank Jeebus. Lasted a couple of hours. Pain is to weak a word to describe that horror.
03-04-2005, 11:09 PM
If I had the energy and the willpower, I\'d shoot myself next time I get a migraine.