Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which movies are you waiting for?
02-10-2005, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2005 10:10 PM by ElvenKind.)
RE: Which movies are you waiting for?
LOTR was good indeed but like all books2movies it had some annoyances of some importancy :
  • It was Frodo's birthday aswell, actually his "Coming of Age" wich was quite important.
  • Frodo didn't leave the shire for quite a few years after Bilbo's "disappearance".
  • Merry and Pippin encounter. No no no!
  • What is the elf princess doing rescuing Frodo form the wraiths? This was not the case in the book.
  • Strider never took a dive off a clif due to some suicidal wolf beast.
  • Why does Faramir bring Frodo to the ruined city? He never did that, he was the smart one.
  • Etc.
Still, it was a good three movies. Well done with the time available. Jackson is right about not making 3 movies - each 5 hours long, just to get some more detail. Nevertheless it's our \"duty\" as Tolkien fans (read fanatics) to piss and moan about what *we* missed in the movies. Allthough, *that* doesn't make the three movies \"worst ever\". Not even close. I liked them alot even though I admit to having said \"Why the **** did he leave out that?\" Big Grin

Anyways, I'm actually more worried about Constantine. The producer seems to have gone off a cliff already with the trailers for the movie :
  • Where is the trenchcoat?
  • Whats with the crusifix looking crossbow?
  • Why oh why did they pick Mr. Matrix for the lead?
  • Constantine is blonde!
  • Etc.
Hellblazer was an underground icon. Now, I'm afraid they'll hollwood it to hell.

[Image: 1067364876_nstantine3.JPG]
[Image: john03.jpg]

Links :
Wallpaper 01
Wallpaper 01
Cover Pages from Hellblazer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which movies are you waiting for? - ElvenKind - 02-10-2005 09:49 PM