Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which movies are you waiting for?
02-10-2005, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2005 10:26 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: RE: Which movies are you waiting for?
ElvenKind Wrote:Hellblazer was an underground icon. Now, I\'m afraid they\'ll hollwood it to hell.

He he, well said. I\'m admittedly not very familiar with Hellblazer. Is it an Alan Moore thing? In that case I don?t have to read it to know it is good.

BTW I?m wondering why no one ever tried filming Neil Gainmans Sandman-books. Anybody know why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2005, 10:29 PM
RE: RE: RE: Which movies are you waiting for?
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:BTW I?m wondering why no one ever tried filming Neil Gainmans Sandman-books. Anybody know why?
I was actually thinking the same thing, Turbo. Seeing as Hellblazer actually interacts with these characters it struck me while being irritated at Keanu.

As for an answer to that - I have no idea.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2005, 11:35 PM
RE: Which movies are you waiting for?
Quote:BTW I?m wondering why no one ever tried filming Neil Gainmans Sandman-books. Anybody know why?

I always wondered that myself. I also wondered why they never made films out of his other books for that matter.
02-10-2005, 11:57 PM
RE: RE: RE: Which movies are you waiting for?
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:I\'m admittedly not very familiar with Hellblazer. Is it an Alan Moore thing? In that case I don?t have to read it to know it is good.
Yes, it was created by Alan Moore in the \"Swamp Thing\" series as a secondary character.

Anyway, \"Hellblazer\", where John Constantine is the main character, was first started by Jamie Delano (writer) and John Ridgway (artist), both british too AFAIK. The first issues were excellent. Anyway my interest in the series dropped quite soon (I\'m not a collector anyway). It\'s probably one of my fav characters, tho. Heh, I can\'t resist a former punk rock singer that turns into a detective of the Unknown Smile (he\'s not a Rambo cristian exorcist, that\'s for sure)

And, yes, the Constantine movie seems to suck big time. Looks like it\'ll be just another movie for kids dressed up with dark and gothic visuals to look like a movie for \"young adults\" (Hellboy, Blade, Underworld...). That\'s BS anyway. You can dress up a product as you like but it\'ll be what it is, darker or brighter, it\'s the script what makes a movie.

IMHO the could put Constantine and his cross themed icons deep in their poo-poo hole.
02-11-2005, 05:32 AM
I\'m kinda getting out of new movies. They all seem to suck, with few exceptions.

And while I will regret it, I am of course waiting for Star Wars 3. Man, if Pun is right(and I know he is! Wink ) that would be too cool!

I forget what it is gonna be called here, but in Japan it was called Mach. It\'s an all out fight fest, from Thailand I think.

Otherwise:
Apple seed
Cars
Sin City (Go Frankie! Go!)
The Chronicles of Narnia (Warning! Great big file!)

SC
02-11-2005, 05:43 AM
About the Rated R thing? That would be sweet!
02-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Another movie I\'m looking forward to, not that I\'m not worried - as usual - is Kingdom of Heaven. I have a thing for medieval times Smile
02-11-2005, 07:40 PM
There?s an american sort-of-indepentent comedy called ?Sideways?, about two wine-taster chums/losers roaming around California, that i really wanna see. No vampires or guns, though, so I expect most of you yawning violently at that scenario!
02-12-2005, 03:00 AM
I have heard that \"Sideways\" really isn\'t as good as it is hyped to be, but that it follows the current rules for the Oscar people. Otherwise, anything different would be nice. I am sooooo tired of the slop that Hollywood is putting out these days.

SC
02-12-2005, 09:05 AM
just saw the remade Assault on precinct 13, i cant fault it, it was an entertaining movie, though they changed the story too much for my liking i did love the orignal so, and they took out the best bit, with the kid going back for vanilla twist and getting shot....