Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion?
02-04-2005, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2005 10:07 AM by Jonathan.)
Smile Religion?
So what\'s your religion?

I\'ve only included the most common/popular. If something else, feel free to specify & elaborate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2005, 11:19 AM
RE: Religion?
In theory, I\'m a non-practicing christian, until I\'d get de-baptised.

But I think you can count me in the atheist/agnostic section of the religious spectrum. It\'s cosy and far away from everything too binding here Smile
Find all posts by this user
02-04-2005, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2005 11:30 AM by isoFlux.)
im baptized Roman Catholic (and maybe Greek Orthodox in the future?), however i would be considered by many hardcore religious peolples to be a dangerous atheist.

i respect that you have your beliefs, however you have come to them, but trying to convert me will explode in your face. Tongue i have many many good albeit religious friends, but i don\'t stand for people pushing their dogma\'s on me. Smile

i say maybe Greek Ortho in the futre because if my GF\'s extended family (on her mom\'s side) realizes that we are pretty serious, they are gonna force me to officially change my religious affiliation. its all quite silly if you ask me Tongue

[Image: atheist.jpg]
thats me Big Grin

note: the picture and comment above was included for humor-purposes only. i hope that whoever made that pic isn\'t serious, and i ask you not to take it seriously yourself Tongue Smile
02-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Hmm... I miss an option for \"Agnostic/Atheist\" there, mr. John. Okey, they\'re not a religion, but I\'d like to be able to vote in this poll too Tongue

So, well, as almost 99% of my generation in Spain I\'m catholic by bautism and communion. And like almost 90% of spaniards, I don\'t go to church nor follow any religious doctrine in my life. Fortunately, this catholic thing is just more a traditional thing than something real. Don\'t get confused. Spain may look some kind of hardcore catholic country, but funny thing is that it\'s just a tag without substance. But, yes, we have a bunch of catholic ultras here. Anyway, they\'re minority right now.

So, about me, catholic, yes... until the end of this year. I\'m going to apostate in that time (that\'s it, I\'m going to \"sign off\" of catholicism). If I don\'t do that earlier is because some familiar obligations related to religion (well, there\'s a catholic wedding where I must be the godfather, yeah, I\'m starting to grow a thin moustache and I\'m training my voice to sound like Vitto Corleone ha-ha).

I don\'t want to be part of a club that I hate beign part of. I\'ll be an official agnostic after that, that\'s what I\'ve always been.

Meh, I didn\'t want to make this post more long than it is, but I must say this:

Bauptism sucks.

No, really. It\'s just silly and anything but ethic. Imagine, you born, you\'re barely concious of yourself, so you can guess that you don\'t have a clue of what religion means, not to say catholicism. But that doesn\'t matter. Some egos want you to be part of this dark club and they wet your head, making you a catholic. Plenty of choice there, as you see.

Parents should be more rational there. Why sign up your son/daughter to a club he/she can\'t even understand. Don\'t do any bauptisim thing. Let the child grow and, if he/she wants to be part of a religion later, well, good. If not you force your child to a slow and unpleasant process of signing off of your religious club. I swear, it\'s unbeliavable. You can sign up for catholitism just wetting your head a bit. But, hey, you want to sign off? Okay, welcome to the \"Catholic Moblie Phone Company\". You first must send a fax to this number several times until we want to read them... but maybe we\'ll never want. So you\'ll probably need to go to their offices and give them the fax in hand. Maybe they\'ll want to hear you then, maybe not. The question is that it usually takes months until they want. Then they call you and make you go to an office, where some kind of monk clerk starts making silly questions (are you an evil person? do you want to sign up to muslim? - i guess that those 2 questions mean the same thing for catholics). Then after trying to change your mind till the last second... you\'re free. Wohoo. Seeing this, I won\'t sign up for this company again, take my word Tongue
02-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Well, since so many people here are heathens, I updated the poll.
02-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks, Pun :tup:
02-05-2005, 12:37 AM
I believe in the Lord, jesus Christ and the holy spirit, but fuck me if i\'m gonna go at it from a church of england or catholic pont of view...

ok, so here i am listening to slayer atm.

Humanity has used the true to make money and get power...
I just believe in the truth stuff with out the added on shit.

Luther was a cool dude from what I gather.
02-05-2005, 12:46 AM
I actually side with Big Al on this one. As long as you are following christian principles, what does it matter if you go to church or recieve sacraments and the like?
02-05-2005, 12:52 AM
* joeb is evangelic christian
02-05-2005, 01:01 AM
None at the moment... time will tell if it\'s going to change