Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion?
02-05-2005, 12:12 PM
RE: RE: Religion?
MaSwIcK Wrote:talk to somebody u THINK exist sounds pretty far out for me Tongue

THAT my friend, is why its called faith Wink

Im a Christian, and dang well proud of it Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2005, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2005 01:56 PM by Sober.)
tomcat ha Wrote:Muslim. Sadly enough people think that islam is just a ripoff of christianity. IT is acutally quite different.

Don\'t worry. I did an assignment in history class about Islam. On the surface, it looks like it is a copy of Christianity, but it isn\'t. The problem right now is that they don\'t get along, even though the religious backgrounds are pretty simliar, bar a few things.
02-05-2005, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2005 07:25 PM by isoFlux.)
RE: Religion?
well, the problem arises when you have Dogmas that say both \"woship God this ________ way\" and \"HATE EVERYBODY WHO DOESNT!\"

well, not really. i know its not exactly like that, but the problem with many people is that they take the \"i am right, you are wrong\" mentality very seriously, and then aren\'t open to even accepting other people. the best way to take the whole religion thing is with a grain of salt, and a dose of moderation. getting along is something very different from sharing the same systems of belief (or lack thereof). something many people fail to see.
02-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Exactly Iso. Since our sailing office is attached to the Student Catholic association of this campus, I\'ve had a few conversations with them.

Even though it doesn\'t seem like it to themselves, they feel that those that do not do exactly how a Catholic does it are going to hell or something bad.
02-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Sober then you should know how we treated christians in the past and how they treated us back then. So the current attacks which arent that frequent in christian countries. is basiacally getting back what they gave us. Altrough its still wrong.

Yeah i am a science man aswell. knowledge is one of the best ways to get closer to God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2005, 12:44 AM
tomcat ha Wrote:knowledge is one of the best ways to get closer to God.
I thought dying was? :lol: :con: :roll:
02-16-2005, 12:58 AM
No, that\'s the quick way evert.

But the sons of christianity and the sons of islam are always destined to fight with each other.
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
christian-ish

i have the main beliefs. but i don\'t act like i\'m holier than thou, as most confused christians do. catholicism basically perverted the religion.
02-16-2005, 01:08 AM
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:In theory, I\'m a non-practicing christian, until I\'d get de-baptised.

But I think you can count me in the atheist/agnostic section of the religious spectrum. It\'s cosy and far away from everything too binding here Smile
:\\ de-baptised?? why would you care if you don\'t believe in it?
02-16-2005, 09:18 AM
shift Wrote:Hmm... I miss an option for "Agnostic/Atheist" there, mr. John. Okey, they\'re not a religion, but I\'d like to be able to vote in this poll too Tongue

I suppose atheist is to religion what shaving your head is to hair colour. 8)