Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion?
02-05-2005, 02:37 AM
RE: Religion?
Christian. Baptized in a Baptist church but don\'t agree with all of their views.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2005, 02:42 AM
RE: RE: Religion?
isoFlux Wrote:im baptized Roman Catholic (and maybe Greek Orthodox in the future?), however i would be considered by many hardcore religious peolples to be a dangerous atheist.

i respect that you have your beliefs, however you have come to them, but trying to convert me will explode in your face. Tongue i have many many good albeit religious friends, but i don\'t stand for people pushing their dogma\'s on me. Smile

I\'m baptized Roman Catholic as well. I don\'t attend mass enough, so I\'m probably considered an atheist to many people and only a Catholic for show, though I try to show some constraint when people try to convert me or, in general, get all \"wanna fight\" on me.

I\'m planning to attend mass when I leave for University or something, only because my parents can\'t stop me. (I have no idea why THEY don\'t want to go). Are the preists gonna be get real PO\'d when I go to confession and go \"Bless me father, for I have sinned; it has been ... 4 (or so) years since my last confession.\" Sad

I\'ve had my Commencement (IIRC, that\'s what it\'s called?) and that means I can\'t convert to another one then... Well, like iso said, it\'s quite silly that you have to convert so your \"future in-laws\" will like you.

I can\'t stand people who judge too hard by religion. I have a friend who\'s Angelican (or Greek Orthodox). He asks me if I\'m Catholic, I answer yes, he responds: \"You\'re a bad Christian; you\'re worshipping God the wrong way.\" I just stare at him. I had the best comeback to that too - \"If you\'re such a good Christian, you shouldn\'t be dissing MY relgion.\"
02-05-2005, 02:58 AM
religion = belief
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2005, 03:08 AM
umm I guess im Christian, but I don\'t really know what to belive =/ so far I haven\'t seen any miracles and folding ur hands and talk to somebody u THINK exist sounds pretty far out for me Tongue
personally I think Gods are made up just to keep people in shack, just like when you where a kid and u parents told u ghost storys about a certain place so u wouldn\'t go there. But shure Religion is a good thing, it makes some people grow stronger and its a thing that people can relate to, so Thumbs up!
02-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Muslim. Sadly enough people think that islam is just a ripoff of christianity. IT is acutally quite different.
02-05-2005, 04:43 AM
Agnostic here
02-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Pipes up.... I\'m non of the religions listed....

I\'m either a Jedi (as my census form says), Alcoholic, or I conform to the religion of the SCREE
02-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Born Christian, but not again. Like Evert, I have trouble with commitment. I?m a science man, I guess. And it?s mostly politics, innit? But that?s another discussion ...
02-05-2005, 05:03 AM
RE: RE: Religion?
tomcat ha Wrote:Muslim. Sadly enough people think that islam is just a ripoff of christianity. IT is acutally quite different.
personaly, I see it more as a \"suite\" or follow up...
02-05-2005, 11:31 AM
izzy = penicostal/old time baptist