Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This may be bigger than HL2
02-08-2005, 04:04 AM
RE: This may be bigger than HL2
Well, I must admmit that this video is quite... embarrasing.

I was really curious about who were the guys that made that, and knowing that is related to garagegames I made a bit of search and found some info.

It seems that that\'s the preview level of an indie game developed by a one-man-army. If that\'s true, well, I must admmit that this guy has basic knowledge of several things. So, cheers.

The problem is how this project has been \"dressed\". PC and Xbox game... ahem... well, as far as I can tell it\'s just a guy making a game that CAN run on both platforms. Period. It seems that he\'s looking for publishers, so it\'s not really a game-game. If you understand me. Just a \"fanzine\" game.

Anyway, I\'m basically with Jonathan. We all (especially the ones working in creative stuff) are a bit like this guy. It\'s really difficult to be objective about your work, especially when you\'re starting. So objective and honest input from other colleages is a must. At GG you\'ll see that most of the feedback from other GG users is anything but objective, nor constructive. I\'ve read NO negative review on anything by this guy. So... heh, you can imagine how he sees his work. Not precisely \"mega crappo\" (I love the term, LT Big Grin).

To me all this is just a misunderstanding, a big hyping thing that explodes in your hands, probably provoked by the author himself. The video looks nothing more than a sketch of a game TBH.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Ok, now that I\'ve watched the .mov version, I actually saw the trailer...
I couldn\'t keep my laughter in myself when he said \"deep in the jungle\", looking at a tent and a little plain with a tree every 20M.
Also, when he said \"beyond the treelines\" looking at some kind of radio or something inside a tent... Tongue
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Mega crap is right.Big Grin

I\'ve been playing with Torque for almost 2 years and it doesn\'t really look like Torque to me. It could be, but I hope not. lol
02-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Firstly, just because its associated with GG, doesnt mean its torque. GG offers free publising on GG.com, so it could very well be a custom built engine(and this was done by one guy? )
Given, he obviously, at the least released this quite a bit too early, but i def agree with spunge. Most of you community members dont know how hard it can be to be an indie(i suggest you try it sometime, join TTR Big Grin ) and while this current product isnt stellar, its a one man team, and this is probably the first attemt in the game dev realm.

It true that it doesnt look very good(and given, the trailer was pretty cheezy Tongue ) but the sheer fact that a single person was willing to spend the time to do everything themselves is a testament to hard work. If i could give any advice to that guy, i\'d reccomend that they just keep pushing, and maybe release when its more complete.

Just my opinion, so carry on.
02-17-2005, 01:14 AM
i seen this joke of a game preview months ago.. lol they could have at least invested in a good narrator